Firewood Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does it matter? It ain't yours, which means somebody else owns it.
If someone pushed it up into a large debris pile, then they threw it away, they don't want to own it anymore. If they did, they would have taken better care of the cutting down & pile up than just pushing it all tangled together with a tractor.
So you really aren't stealing you are recycling.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One year we had a bad ice storm and took down alot of trees and limbs around town so we cut everything up and anything that was 3 inches in diameter or bigger we cut it to firewood and loaded into a dump truck everything else got chipped took it to the city yard and ran ads telling any citizen living in town that wanted some to come and get it free of charge just had to show past water bill proving they lived in town and we had a big pile of it no telling how many ricks it was, had 1 guy show up in a Caddy and get 2 sticks and after 2 years of it being piled up the city finally loaded it back up and hualed it to the landfill to be ground up with a drum grinder. People wants the stuff til they find out they have to come get it and work splitting it they want you to do all the work and deleiver it to them and stack it for them and i asked one person if they wanted me to carry it in their house and light it also made them mad.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not see some of these free wood adds. That dead standing stuff would be great.

I usually have a good stack of wood and I have given lots of it away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom