Firing pin drag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Is this a Glock thing?
20180816_185547.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So at Wilshire gun tonite, a nice fellow handed me one of my cases and told me I had firing pin drag !! Being a little tired and not really paying attention to this person who took his time to try and help me, I said "Oh thats just that wierd Glock firing pin" And went on about my blissful ignorance, until I started driving home and really put a little thought into what he showed me!!

Got home and looked at all my 10mm brass and it all pretty much looks like that!!
Someone educate me please!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every Glock I have ever seen does this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the it's less of a drag and more of a square firing pin that causes this.

Well that was what I thought after taking the pistol down, when I bought it, for a thorough cleaning ! But still wanted to get some input from folks that have had Glocks more than 2 weeks LOL!!

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well that was what I thought after taking the pistol down, when I bought it, for a thorough cleaning ! But still wanted to get some input from folks that have had Glocks more than 2 weeks LOL!!

I currently own two. One from 26 years ago and one from 5 years ago. They both do this.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are two things at play here. The shape of the firing pin is different than most other guns. Also, Glock doesn't have a firing pin rebound spring, to pull it away from the primer after ignition, which many other guns have.

So, it makes for a different looking primer strike. Just my .02 cents..... (copied from some glock page somewhere)

glock fp.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom