First 10!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah dang, Im hoping to find some .310 bullets. I was thinking that the x54r was the same diameter.

I have a box of remington clean bore bronze tipped x54r laying around that I have no use for, Brass case I am pretty sure. Could be yours for $15?
Sierra has a 180gr bullet that measures .311 if you think that might work for you.

And I'd love to buy that box from you. Just shoot me a PM and we can figure out where to meet. I'm in Norman and thinking of going to Bass Pro in OKC sometime this week if that helps.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on the gun, the bore can be anywhere from .308 to .314
And I have one of each. 😉 Well not quite that bad, the hex 91/30 is .308 and the M44 is right at .312. Didn’t take me long to figure out why two different sized expander balls came with the RCBS die set.

Good job BTW on your first crack at it. Looking forward to reading your range report.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im not very familiar with the cartridge or the guns that use it. But what is the crease just below the shoulder from. Actually looks like right on the shoulder. Brass may not last long like that. Just curious
That could just be the lighting. I checked them all and they're all smooth. Here's some comparison shots with a factory load.

But, I am on here to learn from all the experienced reloaders. So maybe I'm just not as sure what to look at.

Attachments

• 20221205_183353.jpg
    20221205_183353.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221205_183315.jpg
    20221205_183315.jpg
    841 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221205_183253.jpg
    20221205_183253.jpg
    728.8 KB · Views: 0

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That could just be the lighting. I checked them all and they're all smooth. Here's some comparison shots with a factory load.

But, I am on here to learn from all the experienced reloaders. So maybe I'm just not as sure what to look at.
Those look better. The original post that i zoomed in on look like the shoulder had a chamber or die problem. The first 10 has some that look like something gouged the shoulder little excessive. Maybe was the lighting

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those look better. The original post that i zoomed in on look like the shoulder had a chamber or die problem. The first 10 has some that look like something gouged the shoulder little excessive. Maybe was the lighting
There are some lines on the shoulder but they aren't gouged from what I feel. I can see what you're saying on the first picture. In that picture the lighting definitely makes them looked gouged, but they are good to go. I appreciate you looking out though! Don't want to blow any guns up.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they are and I make sure the bullet diameters stand out on my load sheet and I’ve marked which ammunition is for which rifle. The .308 in the .312 barrel would only bounce down the barrel but shooting the .312 ammo in the .308 barrel would be no bueno.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watch Out! You will get addicted, they said reloading would save you money. Nope you spend more cause you shoot more, and always buying powder and bullets searching for that perfect load for this gun then the next, next and next etc. You see where this is going don't ya!!!! :laugh6:
I'm already planning on what dies and other accessories to get next, so this is too true. But not having to pay $4 per shot for 45-70 and 300WM will help make up for the costs!

Latest posts

Top Bottom