First cat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been hunting for over 50 years and have never seen a bobcat until 3 months ago. Now, I see this same bobcat at least once or twice a week.

I had my game caller set up calling crows, dropped one and about 5 minutes later, "my" bobcat go it and sat there eating it no more than 30 yards away. I am in a 3 person blind, so I was totally concealed.

About 15 minutes later, I shoot another crow while this same bobcat is staring at my caller just a few feet away, and it gets this last crow that I shot and walks off into the woods with it.

Now, I can get about 40 yards from this cat and it won't even bother to run from me. I have not tried to get any closer, because I don't know what it would do. My wife and I both have decided not to shoot it, and in fact we are now trying to find some live chickens for it. I just got a new video camera, and I want to stake a bird out and record this cat coming to dinner. As close as we can get to it, I think we can get some great footage of it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been hunting for over 50 years and have never seen a bobcat until 3 months ago. Now, I see this same bobcat at least once or twice a week.

I had my game caller set up calling crows, dropped one and about 5 minutes later, "my" bobcat go it and sat there eating it no more than 30 yards away. I am in a 3 person blind, so I was totally concealed.

About 15 minutes later, I shoot another crow while this same bobcat is staring at my caller just a few feet away, and it gets this last crow that I shot and walks off into the woods with it.

Now, I can get about 40 yards from this cat and it won't even bother to run from me. I have not tried to get any closer, because I don't know what it would do. My wife and I both have decided not to shoot it, and in fact we are now trying to find some live chickens for it. I just got a new video camera, and I want to stake a bird out and record this cat coming to dinner. As close as we can get to it, I think we can get some great footage of it.
If you have house cats, be cautious when they are outside. Bobcat's will kill them in a heartbeat.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No house cats here, thank goodness!

I’ve been anti-cat all my life, but in June, my wife let my daughter get a couple after we moved into our barn apartment to be “mousers”. I had very little faith they would ever catch a single mouse, but I was definitely wrong. So far, they’ve caught over a dozen that I know of (2 last week). I’m very protective of the cats now, because I absolutely hate mice.

I’ve killed a few bobcats with the intention of getting one mounted, but I never have. Honestly, I haven’t found a taxidermist that can do life like eyes on one. If I’m going to spend the money, I don’t want it to have “deer in the headlights” eyes.:anyone:

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve killed a few bobcats with the intention of getting one mounted, but I never have. Honestly, I haven’t found a taxidermist that can do life like eyes on one. If I’m going to spend the money, I don’t want it to have “deer in the headlights” eyes.:anyone:

I totally agree and understand exactly what you are saying! 99% of all bobcat mounts that I see, make the cat look like it has sort of a comical look to it's face, and the eyes and ears never even come close to looking real! Same with coyotes, turkeys and ducks, they look too fake and unrealistic.

And deer mounts.............. Uh.......No!

If you kill another bobcat and you want a PROFESSIONAL mount and don't mind shipping it out of state, send me a PM and I'll give you the number of one of the best taxidermists in the country. No more fake eyes, goofy ears and comical expressions.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Looking forward to seeing some pics and/or video!

Latest posts

Top Bottom