First crow of the season!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My garden is 40-50 yards from my house. I can pretty much head shoot a squirrel or crow at 40 yards with my Beeman R9 177 cal pellet rifle. I will crank open the casement window of the dining room and take a shot. The crows now usually take off if they spot me at the window.
I use to do the same thing years ago, shooting a bolt action single shot Winchester model 67 with a 27" barrel. Shooting the little CB loads, the firing pin striking made more noise than what the gun did when it fired. Many crow's, squirrel's and rabbit's succumbed to those quiet little rounds back in the day...

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I keep 22 CB shorts for quiet use here. Usually snakes. I bought a Ruger Single Six for this vary reason. Luv that little revolver. My 7 year old got to experience it this weekend. I use 22 birdshot in it for snakes in the goldfish pond so I don’t puncture the liner.

Last edited:

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I later had my Winchester model 67 rechambered to 22 magnum and set up to wear a Weaver 15X target scope, I now use a Savage bolt action single shot for the little CB caps, shorts and bird shot loads, but it seems little use unless one of my daughter's or wife wants to shoot it.

Glad your 7 year old daughter got to shoot your Single Six. I bet she was grinning from ear to ear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom