First encounter with an OCer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm also here to tell you that these guys here are a lot of things but "ugly" is NOT anywhere on that list ... Especially that SMS feller ... Oh GAWD is his wife a lucky woman!! :wink2:

You are far too generous...you just love me for my surplus goodies and awesome conversation! LOL.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm also here to tell you that these guys here are a lot of things but "ugly" is NOT anywhere on that list ... Especially that SMS feller ... Oh GAWD is his wife a lucky woman!!

Don't swell his huge head. I've spent enough nights in a temper tent with him to promise you the man has an ugly side. That, or retirement is prettying him up.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are far too generous...you just love me for my surplus goodies and awesome conversation! LOL.

This I do, sir ... this I do!! :kiss:

Don't swell his huge head. I've spent enough nights in a temper tent with him to promise you the man has an ugly side. That, or retirement is prettying him up.

Well, you know how it is ... I've not had to see him unkempt, smelling bad and in a bad mood ... So ... it's not too hard to fuel the fantasy! :wink2: (And about that retirement -- that fella works harder "retired" than most folks do at their "day job" ... course he's still young enough to have some spring in his step, too! LOL Wait until he gets like me and GC ... that easy chair will start looking better and better to him as the years roll by! :wink2:

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's certainly a fine line to walk. IMHO, I think as long as the officers are merely ensuring someone is properly licensed then there is no reason for conflict(show your license and be on your way), but there are plenty of officers who have nothing better to do than go on fishing expeditions.

I can't imagine a criminal would be brazen enough to open carry when the last thing they want to do is draw attention to themselves, but it was the number one reason LEO's gave for asking for papers(I don't know you and you could be a criminal or that gun could be "illegal" - papers please).

I hope as OC continues to grow throughout the US that most will become comfortable with it and we can stop these Terry Stop interactions and go about our law-abiding business. But that is mostly wishful thinking......

Hello pot, this is kettle.

There is no fine line. The law says an officer may check your ID and license. When you act like a butt the odds of being checked go up exponentially!

You should start trying to imagine more. Criminals are incredibly brazen and generally pretty stupid. Never doubt for a minute they would use open carry to their advantage.

This is not a Terry SEARCH, we are not checking because we think you are engaged in an illegal activity, we are checking because you approached us.

When you poke a JBT the chances are he/she will react appropriately.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

All that camo paint, dirt, and funk just hid my inner beauty...so even with all that filth you thought I was sexy luggin' a M249, 800 rounds of 5.56, and a couple smoke grenades.

I'm a delicate flower.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you poke a JBT the chances are he/she will react appropriately.

I wish you'd told me this BEFORE I poked at GC ... :wink2: I was just pokin' fun and he went and took it all serious like ... :bah::hey3::rollingla

I'm a delicate flower.

This, you are, sir ... this you are!! :rollingla (you know that's going in my sig line, right?? :hey3:)

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except for 2 days where I was in Texas and Arkansas, and for one long morning when I was in the courthouse, I have OC'd every day since Nov 1. I have not one time had a LEO approach me and ask for my license. One asked whether I had one, I replied, "of course"... and he was satisfied.

Yesterday, I test drove an auction car that we repaired and got stopped because the tag is out. I notified that I was licensed and carrying, and told him the status of the vehicle and what I was doing. He asked to see my DL, asked what I was carrying, and immediately cut me loose. Total time of stop, less than 1 minute.

All this worry about random license checks or LEOs harassing lawful OCers hasn't really been an issue. I hope it stays that way.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did some of you not even read the first post here? HE came to ME. I did NOT approcah him. In fact had he NOT approached me I wouldnt have even given him a second look. I dont go around looking to check peoples license,frisk for weapons(unless under arresat and were going to county)or anything else. I guess the moral of this story is....dont act stupid around me(or othwr police) and chances are you wont be "bothered" for your permit. Which BTW I have every right to ask for.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did some of you not even read the first post here? HE came to ME. I did NOT approcah him. In fact had he NOT approached me I wouldnt have even given him a second look. I dont go around looking to check peoples license,frisk for weapons(unless under arresat and were going to county)or anything else. I guess the moral of this story is....dont act stupid around me(or othwr police) and chances are you wont be "bothered" for your permit. Which BTW I have every right to ask for.

If'n I were you I would have done the same.Hey lookie Mr. Officer see what I can do ? Nothing wrong with an ID check. But I would have added ... Wanna get tazed ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom