"First Man" controversy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not upset over it for a couple reasons. One, the story is apparently about Neil Armstrong and his life, not the flag planting that some people are so upset about. Second: Not everybody worth a damn in this world is an American. (Surprise). Why should the planting of the flag be a big deal to them? They said they didn't show that particular thing because they wanted the story to be about the MAN himself and not the event, and that it was not in any way meant to be disrespectful to the USA. If they meant to show disrespect, they could have, but they really haven't done that in my mind. Last time I looked, we are friends with Canada. BUT, they are not Americans in the same respect that we are. So, all we really have is a bunch of people looking for a reason to be upset about something and they just don't have anything else. I'm going to go see it and decide for myself, not be influenced by the media or some clown's tweet.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ain’t seeing it. They can say what they want about why they didn’t show the flag being planted. I don’t take a Canadian liberals word for it. Nor do I believe any other Hollywood idiot. I guarantee it wasn’t show for a reason. I’m surprised they didn’t take the flag out period. But I’m sure they knew they would go too far and they didn’t want to risk losing precious money.

Tony; I just gotta ask...do you like anything? Does anything not just piss you off royally? Man, I don't know you but it sure seems like you wake up on the wrong side of the bed every day. I bet your blood pressure is as high as a Colorado Hippie on Friday night. I'm not dissin' you man, just saying every time I see TonyKane1 at the start of a thread or in response to a post, I wonder "what has old Tony fired up now?'' You seem like a good guy, but one with a bad case of azzchappin'.

You guys act like they really did go to the moon. Everybody knows to truth, right?
Yeah, like they went to the moon. Uh huh...and the Easter Bunny doesn't poop candy eggs too right? I seen him man, I seen that dang rabbit crappin' out egg-shaped snickers bars! That was in Colorado though...Moon my butt...they went to Hawaii on vacation is what I heard. Southwest is supposed to start flying there pretty soon so you don't have to fly there in a rocket anymore anyway.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I can say is that I've seen parts of this country that could have been the place to "film" such a moon landing.

Just sayin'.....

But then, back in 1969, I was stationed on a small Army base in California and operations were shut down so we could all go watch the landing. However, the operations were supposed to start back up at a certain time and due to delays, they hadn't landed yet when that time came. As the trick chief, I told my guys to stay and watch and I'd go back to ops.

Thus, I can actually say that I didn't see the landing enough to be able to disprove that it occurred, say, in Nevada or Utah.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess my biggest beef is the casting. The liberal Hollywood elite are always going on about cultural appropriation and inappropriate casting. So what made them think it was a good idea to cast a Canadian actor to play an American hero?
I agree and even if it's the greatest movie since Godfather, I'm not watching.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tony; I just gotta ask...do you like anything? Does anything not just piss you off royally? Man, I don't know you but it sure seems like you wake up on the wrong side of the bed every day. I bet your blood pressure is as high as a Colorado Hippie on Friday night. I'm not dissin' you man, just saying every time I see TonyKane1 at the start of a thread or in response to a post, I wonder "what has old Tony fired up now?'' You seem like a good guy, but one with a bad case of azzchappin'.

Yeah, like they went to the moon. Uh huh...and the Easter Bunny doesn't poop candy eggs too right? I seen him man, I seen that dang rabbit crappin' out egg-shaped snickers bars! That was in Colorado though...Moon my butt...they went to Hawaii on vacation is what I heard. Southwest is supposed to start flying there pretty soon so you don't have to fly there in a rocket anymore anyway.
Believe it or not I am actually a really easy going and happy guy. Just some things really get to me. I am working on being better believe me. If you pray say one for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom