First pistol in a decade. Compact choices.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As the resident gun flipper, I've owned every brand, caliber and sized pistola you could ever imagine. I'm talking a Ruger LCP up to a Smith & Wesson 1006, I've owned and toted em all.

The one I think I've carried more than all the rest has gotta be me Glock 43X. I absolutely, positively L-O-V-E that little feller. You can conceal it easily on the hip or even pocket carry it if you are a more "robust" feller such as myself.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As the resident gun flipper, I've owned every brand, caliber and sized pistola you could ever imagine. I'm talking a Ruger LCP up to a Smith & Wesson 1006, I've owned and toted em all.

The one I think I've carried more than all the rest has gotta be me Glock 43X. I absolutely, positively L-O-V-E that little feller. You can conceal it easily on the hip or even pocket carry it if you are a more "robust" feller such as myself.

And keep in mind, resident gun flipper is a understatement LOL

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last fifteen years, I haven't needed it for anything lol.

Well, there was that really suspicious hooker that came to my door once at 2am, I'm pretty sure she had a friend in the bushes, but the old glock
was there and probly would have handled things.

My problem is I'd like to carry more and print less, but I hate small handguns. I have a 31" waist, damn near anything is like having a 8" long piece of 2x4 strapped to my hip. I know the answer is some tiny subcompact, but I really don't care for small handguns and I'm willing to deal with some oversize-ness, just a bit less than the full size Glock maybe.

I had a chance to handle some M&P's and Canik's and the G3C the other day. All great handguns at a glance, the M&P compact is
the closest to what I'd like so far overall and seems like a safe bet. The Canik Elite is just freakin cool, and the trigger felt great, the G3C even at an inflated
price is amazing for the money, I'm tempted to just buy one of them outright instead of ditching my g22 which was the plan.

I'll keep pondering for a bit, thanks all for the info, keep it coming.
Decide beforehand what you will and will not involve yourself in, attempting to decide in a moment of chaos can have disastrous consequences both tactically and legally. So many people choose a pistol (and training) that runs opposite of the mission. If you have a personality that says you must run to the sound of gunfire and assist those whose lives are in danger then you will need a pistol that is capable of completing that mission. If you think in terms of close up self defense from the bad guy in a dimly lighted parking lot your best choice of pistol will be different. Just like you can drive a nail into a board with a wrench it's not the best tool for the job. Only you know what you will and won't involve yourself in.

wolf_walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Taurus G3X for $303 otd today. I looked and fondled a bunch of stuff here and there the last week or so, and remembered why I have a full size glock. I detest small pistols. Recent evidence would suggest that the odds of this $300 bugger functioning are pretty high and that if not Taurus will fix it, so I couldn't think of a good reason to spend another couple hundred bucks on something I'd also dislike.

Off hand observations, if you stamped Glock on it I wouldn't know the difference other than saying to my self "well they haven't improved the triggers in the last couple decades and the mags and sights are metal now". That's fairly amusing I guess.

The trigger is lame but good enough for what it's for. I'll get a night sight for the front and run a couple or three hundred rounds through it and see if it works. It probably will. Now I get to do the holster dance and find what pisses me off the least to put it in.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Springfield XD Subcompact 40.
Been my CCW for 12 years.

View attachment 224703

It has a loaded chamber indicator and a cocked indicator so no press checking is necessary.

This one is a low capacity for alla youse Commiefornians.

The XD® 3" Sub-Compact .40 SW Low Capacity is the perfect carry gun for locales with magazine restrictions. Combining .40-caliber power with a respectable 10-round capacity, this gun is easy to pack and comfortable to run. An ambidextrous magazine catch and Ultra Safety Assurance Trigger System keep this pistol running quickly, safely and well. Dual recoil springs and a full-length guide rod put those .40-caliber rounds right on target.
have xd 40 and 45 nothing wrong there

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Taurus G3X for $303 otd today. I looked and fondled a bunch of stuff here and there the last week or so, and remembered why I have a full size glock. I detest small pistols. Recent evidence would suggest that the odds of this $300 bugger functioning are pretty high and that if not Taurus will fix it, so I couldn't think of a good reason to spend another couple hundred bucks on something I'd also dislike.

Off hand observations, if you stamped Glock on it I wouldn't know the difference other than saying to my self "well they haven't improved the triggers in the last couple decades and the mags and sights are metal now". That's fairly amusing I guess.

The trigger is lame but good enough for what it's for. I'll get a night sight for the front and run a couple or three hundred rounds through it and see if it works. It probably will. Now I get to do the holster dance and find what pisses me off the least to put it in.
Awesome. I know allot a fellas that have those and are happy with them. Looking forward to you range report.

Latest posts

Top Bottom