First shots with the Ruger American Creedmoor 3/5/17 Ada, Ok

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. Have a free pass because they lost electricity the day I was going to try the place out. Didn't know they had a 100 yard indoor area. Do they provide a decent rest or should I drag the lead sled up?

They got new benches recently, haven't been since they got them. I'd recommend a lead sled just in case

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Gun is perfect. My skills need some work. Still working in getting my body and breathing technique down. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Got the breathing hold down, but not there yet. Also, have no clue about shooting between heartbeats (beyond my learning curve).
I tend to delay too long before pulling trigger that seems to cause more movement.
Help!

Back when I could shoot groups like that here's how did it. Shot off of bags squeezing the rear bag for elevation. I'd take a breath and exhale half of it and hold then break the shot between heartbeats. When the scope dropped is when I broke the shot. Obviously you have to "know" your trigger and have a decent one to boot. Don't know if this is the "correct" form or not, but it worked for me. At 100 yards I shot 3 rounds into a single hole so tight I thought something was wrong with the gun with a friend's Ruger 77 heavy barrel .22-250 with a 16X scope when I first looked at the target. Looking at it you could see ever so slightly a miniscule pyramid shape to the group. Now days I'm so shaky I don't know if I can do it anymore. Glad you like the rifle...