First smart phone.......I'd rather of had primers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hadn't seen my not far from being 51 yr. old son, DIL or two of my three grand kids that live in Ga. since Dec. 09', they were on the way back from up north and stopped in for a day and a half last week and then were headed down to Houston to see his mom (my ex) and then back home to Ga........we had a great visit and I really enjoyed seeing all of them again.

Anyway, his wife is a really, really sweet gal and has kept me updated via pictures and videos sent in emails several times a year through the years of the grand kids then about six months ago around Xmas she asked me to send her a few current pics of me and the wife and I explained that I didn't have a digital camera or a smart phone but that I'd try and remember to dig out the old point & shoot 35mm and I'd send her a pic or two after I got the film developed........I guess I should have also added that I didn't want a smart phone and that my old flip phone very seldom gets carried and just sits on the dinning room table collecting dust.

After the greetings and hugs in the driveway she reaches in the vehicle and hands me a fancy looking little sack that said Verizon on it and told me that it was my early Fathers Day present that she'd bought for me and inside the bag was a brand new Apple 12 5G I-Phone and she said that she'd prepaid for one year and that all we had to do is register it in my name which we did later on and we also had a crash course on how to use it that I barely retained any of.......she said that she had looked and that there were several in depth YouTube videos on the Apple 12 that I could watch to learn how to get the most out of it.

I appreciate the thought and I thanked her several times while they were here but to be honest I can't see me using the new phone any more than I do my old flip phone........for the amount of money that she probably had to spend for the phone and the one year paid up front fee I'd much rather have been given a few bricks of SPP. :)

spp.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hadn't seen my not far from being 51 yr. old son, DIL or two of my three grand kids that live in Ga. since Dec. 09', they were on the way back from up north and stopped in for a day and a half last week and then were headed down to Houston to see his mom (my ex) and then back home to Ga........we had a great visit and I really enjoyed seeing all of them again.

Anyway, his wife is a really, really sweet gal and has kept me updated via pictures and videos sent in emails several times a year through the years of the grand kids then about six months ago around Xmas she asked me to send her a few current pics of me and the wife and I explained that I didn't have a digital camera or a smart phone but that I'd try and remember to dig out the old point & shoot 35mm and I'd send her a pic or two after I got the film developed........I guess I should have also added that I didn't want a smart phone and that my old flip phone very seldom gets carried and just sits on the dinning room table collecting dust.

After the greetings and hugs in the driveway she reaches in the vehicle and hands me a fancy looking little sack that said Verizon on it and told me that it was my early Fathers Day present that she'd bought for me and inside the bag was a brand new Apple 12 5G I-Phone and she said that she'd prepaid for one year and that all we had to do is register it in my name which we did later on and we also had a crash course on how to use it that I barely retained any of.......she said that she had looked and that there were several in depth YouTube videos on the Apple 12 that I could watch to learn how to get the most out of it.

I appreciate the thought and I thanked her several times while they were here but to be honest I can't see me using the new phone any more than I do my old flip phone........for the amount of money that she probably had to spend for the phone and the one year paid up front fee I'd much rather have been given a few bricks of SPP. :)

View attachment 277473
I agree that there may be better things to spend that kind of money on but it was a very thoughtful gift.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about the same, just a few decades apart. I really liked my little Ericcson slider phone. Smaller than your palm and real live BUTTONS you can mash. I despise my smartphone. The only good thing about it is I can record radio programs to listen to later (talk radio), or take pictures of repair jobs I'm doing so I can get it all put back together. The kids I work with tuned me in to ifunny meme app so I could view some of the unfiltered ukraine footage they posted to get around facebook and twitters filters, but that's dried up quite a bit lately. Now it's mostly trump stuf. I guess it's nice to have the news 9 weather radar in my pocket, but I could take that or leave it. Oher than those four things it's just irradiating my johnson most of the time for nothing.

It was awful nice of her to spend the time and money on that for you though. Go outside and take some fancy pictures looking up at the trees, or at a flower, and give her something to talk about, haha!

Latest posts

Top Bottom