First squirrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can remember the day My Dad took me hunting with my first 22. A stevens crackshot 26.
It's easier to start the thread on the desktop and add the pictures with my phone. It takes forever for the email to receive them and then download. So can anyone remember one of their first hunt?

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_20210413_005009575.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first hunt was when I mowed yards at 11 years old. Bought a 410 from an Army Surplus Store. Dad took my sister and I out to a waterway and told us to walk it out. (He hated guns as posted in an earlier thread.) While we were walking it out, missing every shot but one on rabbits, a guy drove up and was talking to dad.
Appeared we were trespassing. Dad just took us out and said get after it.
He was getting a pretty good arse chewing when we walked up.
I guess that incident made an impression on me in later years as I'm rabid now on knowing who I'm hunting on and if permission is had.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first hunt was when I mowed yards at 11 years old. Bought a 410 from an Army Surplus Store. Dad took my sister and I out to a waterway and told us to walk it out. (He hated guns as posted in an earlier thread.) While we were walking it out, missing every shot but one on rabbits, a guy drove up and was talking to dad.
Appeared we were trespassing. Dad just took us out and said get after it.
He was getting a pretty good arse chewing when we walked up.
I guess that incident made an impression on me in later years as I'm rabid now on knowing who I'm hunting on and if permission is had.
Oooops!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
58C391C7-2677-4FB7-9A9B-31831E88C80A.jpeg

This is actually a picture of my second squirrel, the first one never fell out of the tree. That's a sling I got off @okierider too, came with a shotgun. Its now my lucky squirrel sling. Never went squirrel hunting until last year. Cant believe I missed out on all that fun for 32 years. Now, as a grown man, I’m dying to get back out with a rimfire and a pocket knife sneaking around in the trees again next month.

EDIT: for the record, I credit @Cowbaby for pointing me in the right direction towards finding them. Before I was wandering around aimlessly.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do people fire 22 up into a tree and not worry about people a mile away? I never understood that...the one time I went squirrel hunting with my stepdad, we used 20 gauge...Just curious...that is why I am really considering the air gun thing...quiet, challenging, and safer...

Latest posts

Top Bottom