First test loads but too windy to shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used starting fluid many times but you need the good ether stuff.
DO NOT try it with valve core out and then think you will just reach up there with your finger after the explosion to stop the air from coming out of the stem!!
It will let you know really quick it is too hot to play with.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done that with golf cart and mower tires. Such a pain in the butt made even a bigger pain when your compressor is not putting enough air out...fast enough.
I've see the carb cleaner thing done a few times and almost used it on a new tiny front wheel of a toro zt that I just couldn't get to catch. In a pinch, I'll run a rope around it and just use a piece of pipe to tighten it up.
What can I say. Poor people make do.

That's my problem, the Bostich 6 gallon doesn't have enough starting pressure / volume..

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
try a ratchet strap on the tires, a good one not one of the little ones. Wrap it around the center of the tire, and if you still have a little gap sometimes bearing grease helps.

Mack45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like ether starting fluid. I like the strike anywhere kitchen matches because you can get back a ways and they will stay lit while you toss them to the tire. Sometimes the tire will jump several feet into the air when it seats. I don’t have a ratchet strap so I just use a rope and a pipe like steelfingers mentioned for a tamer method and for small tires.

Latest posts

Top Bottom