First Thread!!! Post Up Your Rimfire Pics!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@dennishoddy I did indeed make it to the match (albeit nearly 15 minutes late--I drove around for 30 minutes looking for the Steel Challenge, now I know xD)! I think I saw you once or twice with that 10/22, but we were moving pretty swiftly through the stages I didn't have chance to introduce myself.

How'd she shoot? My 10/22 ran fairly well, the optic I am running is a 1.5-6 power, and I wish it went down to a true 1x with some of the stages with very close targets. Also had 2-3 FTFs, not sure if ammo (Aguilla Super Extra 40gr.), the gun, or simply the finicky nature of .22lr cartridges.

I'd like to make a few more Steel Challenge events, though I will definitely bring my pistol next time as I have lots of room to improve in that department.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@dennishoddy I did indeed make it to the match (albeit nearly 15 minutes late--I drove around for 30 minutes looking for the Steel Challenge, now I know xD)! I think I saw you once or twice with that 10/22, but we were moving pretty swiftly through the stages I didn't have chance to introduce myself.

How'd she shoot? My 10/22 ran fairly well, the optic I am running is a 1.5-6 power, and I wish it went down to a true 1x with some of the stages with very close targets. Also had 2-3 FTFs, not sure if ammo (Aguilla Super Extra 40gr.), the gun, or simply the finicky nature of .22lr cartridges.

I'd like to make a few more Steel Challenge events, though I will definitely bring my pistol next time as I have lots of room to improve in that department.
I took the Federal Bulk 333 round for the rifle and cci minimags for the pistol. I had a couple duds and a couple FTF issues that hurt my score. Pistol was having FTF issues all day that killed the score on that division. I'll have to see if a deep cleaning will clear up the issues.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the CZ-512 Rifle that I picked up Friday after Work.

I clicked the mouse to buy it from budsgunshop.com at 10:30 Wednesday morning,,,
The rifle was delivered to The Evil Pawn Shop at 12:50 Friday afternoon,,,
That's just 50 hours and 20 minutes total wait time.

The Delivery Elves were on my side for this order. :thumbup3:

www.aarondgraham.com_pics_170128_CZsAndHandguns.JPG

The top is a CZ-512 Rifle in .22 LR,,,
I'm pairing it with a Browning Buckmark Hunter.

The bottom gun is a CZ-512 Carbine in .22 LR,,,
I'm pairing it with a S&W 22-A1.

I went to the range Saturday morning for a quick function test,,,
30 rounds fired quickly with no jams or feed problems,,,
It was just too chilly for me to do any real trials.

Aarond

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A group photo--custom Anschutz 54 sporter, Anschutz 1422, Anschutz 54.18 MS.

View attachment 96359

That's a darn cool group photo. I have to settle for a steenkin' Marlin tube fed .22; it shoots pretty well for me, though and I don't have a small fortune tied up in it. I sure am wanting to shoot one of those Annies though...might cause me to reconsider.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ruger.jpg

Picked this little thing up yesterday. A Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite. Added a Burris FastFire III dot to it and plan to add a Tandemkross trigger, flash suppressor and Halo ring to the bolt. Have not had it to the range yet, but looking forward to it. Plan is to use this one for steel plate challenge and the SW22 I posted earlier for Bullseye.

Latest posts

Top Bottom