First Thread!!! Post Up Your Rimfire Pics!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 96974
Picked this little thing up yesterday. A Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite. Added a Burris FastFire III dot to it and plan to add a Tandemkross trigger, flash suppressor and Halo ring to the bolt. Have not had it to the range yet, but looking forward to it. Plan is to use this one for steel plate challenge and the SW22 I posted earlier for Bullseye.
Nice, I was looking for something else a couple weeks ago, and they pulled that one out of a box of new arrivals. It's a great shooter. Not a big fan of the all black sights, so am looking at the FastFire III or the Vortex Venom. Or maybe just use a dot of whiteout. Do you have any experience with the Venom?

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
none at all, I have Ultradot Matchdot, Ultradot Matchdot II and FastFire III. For Bullseye I use the Matchdot on the .22 and the Matchdot II on the .45. For Steel Challenge I use the FF III. All about the same price at around 180-230 and all perform well. The Matchdots are the standard on the line at camp Perry for Bullseye, so that is really all I have shot with using others guns before I spend money on my own. The FF III was recommended by my Smith as he shoots with one on steel as well, tried it and liked it. The FF III is a 3MOA dot, they make it in 8MOA as well. 3 MOA can take a minute to get used to at first but after a few drills it is natural. I cannot justify spending more on a competition gun as they are used hard regularly and all seem to perfor day after day.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes 3 moa is small and takes practice to get proficient with.
I use the Venom 3 moa on mine for steel challenge, but now that the 6 moa is out, I'd rather have the bigger dot for faster confirmation on target.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think size is relative (pun intended). I use an 8MOA at the 50yrd line for bullseye, and a 4MOA on the short line. For steel I use the 3MOA just because the sight weighs less than a pigeon feather. If I had my druthers (as in cash available) for steel I might just go with a FF III in 8MOA. I have heard nothing but good things about the Venom and many really like the SR-25 as well.

Maybe we can set up another Eat & Shoot and let folks play with sights as well as guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom