First Thread!!! Post Up Your Rimfire Pics!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
agree completely, just how I learned and trained for years. The 3MOA at 50 feels like i am chasing a cherry around the target, so I make it bigger and go with a 6 o'clock sight point of aim.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For 50 yard bullseye, I'd want the 3 moa so I could see the precise point I'm aiming at. Closer up, the bigger dot is beneficial for fast target acquisition on the move.

I'm in agreement here^^^. I put a fast fire III on my Ruger hunter, and kept losing the 3MOA dot on Steel Challenge.
Shot three matches along with several practice days, and just could not keep from losing the dot because it felt like I had to keep the muzzle forced down to see the dot.
Went back to the old Bushnell Trophy tube type with the dot surrounded by a circle. My grip angle feels comfortable. Looks like a tank up there, but it works for me.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ain't that what it's all about, working for ya? I love to walk up and down the line just seeing the different setups on the various guns people are shooting. The high dollar shooters with their $5000 pistol, Pistol box with more equipment in it than an armourers van. Blinders on their glassed, brass catchers and deflection screens, trolleys to pull all their gear around in and as many relaxation techniques as a Moonie convention. The rookies with the Springer RO and a gym bag just getting the feel of the game. I really just enjoy learning from them the whys and why nots in their opinions. Kind of like this forum..

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Annie, and her cousin Annie, out enjoying the morning sunshine:
SANY1169.JPG

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this one over the weekend. It's a 39a, 1952. Pretty nice rifle. Just wish there was a reasonable way to scope them. Oh, wwell.

Got it at the Durant show this weekend. Went there looking for as .22 lever gun, used. Ran across a Winchester 9422 and 2 9422M's. Would have sprung for the 9422, but it was a little too used for me. There were at least 7-8 BL-22's, including one with stainless steel receiver, and at least 5 39a's. Most I've seen at one watering hole in a long time.

This one spoke to me.

marlin.JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this one over the weekend. It's a 39a, 1952. Pretty nice rifle. Just wish there was a reasonable way to scope them. Oh, wwell.

Got it at the Durant show this weekend. Went there looking for as .22 lever gun, used. Ran across a Winchester 9422 and 2 9422M's. Would have sprung for the 9422, but it was a little too used for me. There were at least 7-8 BL-22's, including one with stainless steel receiver, and at least 5 39a's. Most I've seen at one watering hole in a long time.

This one spoke to me.

View attachment 98561
Great looking rifle for its age!

Latest posts

Top Bottom