First Thread!!! Post Up Your Rimfire Pics!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good too hear from you.
Had a good deer season. Got a really wide 8 point with the rifle, and a mature doe with the .44 mag pistol.
I'll have too agree, lots often big deer killer this year.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After trading off my last rimfire rifle a little over a month ago, I've been fortunate to add a few new pieces off of my wish list to the collection.

1. S&W Model 41

Pistol is currently stock with the exception of a Wolff recoil spring. I ended up purchasing a couple spring kits (6lbs - 8 lbs) to help run a variety of ammo, but CCI Standard with a 7 or 7.5 lb spring seems to be it's sweet spot. Will likely end up adding an Ultradot when funds allow.

avg5v8D.jpg

2. Ruger 10/22 VLEH (Tactical Target model)

Rifle is a stock VLEH with the exception of a Kidd buffer, Ruger extended magazine release, MGW Co. picatinny rail, and Bushnell TRS-25 red dot. The VLEH model comes with a 16" hammer forged .920 barrel, target trigger, and a Hogue overmold stock with inlayed Ruger grip medallion. I had originally planned on replacing the Hogue with a thumbhole, but after shooting the rifle, I won't be doing so anytime soon. I honestly think this rifle may be the handiest of anything that I have owned. I was lucky enough to catch this one on sale through Davidson's last month for $360 OTD. If anyone would like additional pics of the Ruger mag release, just let me know. I took a chance on it as there are no photos of it installed online. The design is absolutely perfect IMO...much better than the long lever types (KIDD, Tactical Solutions, etc.). Super easy to drop the mag with your trigger finger without changing your grip, but no risk of accidentally engaging the release. Fits seamlessly with absolutely no slop or rattling.

Dy2RsuI.jpg

3. CZ 452 Trainer

This rifle has been on my wish list for 5+ years. Bear88SS was kind enough to give me a great deal on one along with 1250 rounds of Eley target. I haven't been able to hit the range with the rifle yet, but I've already done the Ace #144 trigger spring mod which brought the pull weight down to 2 lbs. Also added a set of CZ American studs (to replace the 7/8" swivels) and GrovTec 1.25" QD swivels so that I could run a Turner NM sling. Can't say enough about CZ's customer service. I called their CS hotline on Friday and had replacement sling studs to my front door, free of charge, by Monday.

ufz0ecf.jpg

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CHL, you've done good! That S&W 41 is cool! I know a guy that collects the Colt Woodsman, and he's got me wanting one of those old-time classic .22 auto pistols. The Ruger MK-whatever is okay, but the 41 and the Woodsman are classics. That 10/22 is nice as well, especially for an off-the-self rifle. I've got a 452 trainer just like yours. I mounted one of those Leupold 1-4x20mm "Hog-Plex" scope on mine. Neat little scope, clears the bolt handle and the rear sight mount.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CHL, you've done good! That S&W 41 is cool! I know a guy that collects the Colt Woodsman, and he's got me wanting one of those old-time classic .22 auto pistols. The Ruger MK-whatever is okay, but the 41 and the Woodsman are classics. That 10/22 is nice as well, especially for an off-the-self rifle. I've got a 452 trainer just like yours. I mounted one of those Leupold 1-4x20mm "Hog-Plex" scope on mine. Neat little scope, clears the bolt handle and the rear sight mount.

Thanks MM :)

I'm not big on auto handguns but I figured that I'd give the 41 a try. It had been for sale at an LGS for awhile so I offered the owner a few items in trade that I thought would benefit us both. The gun is ammo picky like pretty much other 41 out there.

I've been thinking of adding a small scope to the 452 as well. I was leaning towards a Nikon rimfire, but I'll have to check out that Leupold. What rings are you using?

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are Leupold rimfire rings in medium. If you run a bigger scope, you may have to remove the rear sight. Use your thumb to push down firmly on the middle of the sight blade, then slide the entire assembly out the back of the base. Super easy, no pins to remove or anything.

LinearZero

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That 41 is breathtaking. Just saying.... I've had my eye on a Colt Woodsman Target for some time now, but to get a factory new at the same quality (assuming) for the same price point would be a hard decision. Something about those Colt's though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom