First time boat owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only see 2 things missing,
Back rests, man you gota be tough to go without em. Stadium seats at least

Pics from the water!

Edited to add:
If your doin wiring, these will save you a ton of headaches in the long run.

View attachment 277281
View attachment 277282

Representative fotoz, I am not pitching one vendor over another. It is a small investment up front that will pay dividends over time.
Off to Amazon to order some of those waterproof connectors for the trailer getting ready to be rewired. Thanks for the heads up!
Two wire and three wire.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love that interior look. What did you do it with?
The floor used closed cell pink sheet foam between the ribs with .080 5052 aluminum sheet over to and countersunk riveted to the ribs. Paint is one hit wonder paint with activator added rather than spraying a clear, supposedly it sets up like a powder coat. Luckily, it matches rustoleum gloss white enamel perfectly, so touch ups will be cheap and easy if needed. I used 1/8 and 1/16 5052 aluminum skinned in .080 5052 for the doors and deck. Covering everything is hydroturf blue camo with lines routed in. Definitely more expensive than boat carpet, but man is it nice on the feet. It also stays pretty cool, supposedly doesn’t stain, doesn’t tangle up hooks like carpet, doesn’t absorb water/freeze like carpet, and you can power wash it. We’ll see, but fancy wakeboarding boats and such have been using it forever.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The floor used closed cell pink sheet foam between the ribs with .080 5052 aluminum sheet over to and countersunk riveted to the ribs. Paint is one hit wonder paint with activator added rather than spraying a clear, supposedly it sets up like a powder coat. Luckily, it matches rustoleum gloss white enamel perfectly, so touch ups will be cheap and easy if needed. I used 1/8 and 1/16 5052 aluminum skinned in .080 5052 for the doors and deck. Covering everything is hydroturf blue camo with lines routed in. Definitely more expensive than boat carpet, but man is it nice on the feet. It also stays pretty cool, supposedly doesn’t stain, doesn’t tangle up hooks like carpet, doesn’t absorb water/freeze like carpet, and you can power wash it. We’ll see, but fancy wakeboarding boats and such have been using it forever.
I have carpet in mine. It takes a power washing at home to get rid of the catfish slime if they hit the carpet.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have carpet in mine. It takes a power washing at home to get rid of the catfish slime if they hit the carpet.
I had a plenty of shad on the floor, and flooded the back half with the plug stunt, once the water drained and sun hit it everything was dry. If you decide to replace your carpet this stuff is worth a gander I think. You can DIY it like I did and keep it simple, you can DIY it and get really fancy, or you can pay an installer a hefty sum and have a really sweet setup.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Research Duck Bill drain plugs for boats. You will never have to worry about putting in or removing a drain plug ever again.
Reminds me of the nipples on heavy equipment airboxes that get crap stuck in them all the time… I’m afraid a stick or something would render it ineffective?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of the nipples on heavy equipment airboxes that get crap stuck in them all the time… I’m afraid a stick or something would render it ineffective?
I've ran them for many years without issues in the worst places possible. They are so flexible that if a small something gets in there, it seals around them. After a few years if they get a little hard you can get a replacement for under $12.
If you get water inside for any reason like a bait well overflow, etc, just drive around the lake for a bit and it will drain out on it's own through the plug. That's the beauty, especially if the bilge pump fails. Manual backup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom