First time boat owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll get to responding to some of these other comments later guys, had a sleep study last night, it was pretty rough, and I’m exhausted.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll get to responding to some of these other comments later guys, had a sleep study last night, it was pretty rough, and I’m exhausted.
Those suuuuuck! But if you get a CPAP, it’s a game changer. Take your time and dedicate yourself to using it/getting used to it. The extra oxygen to your brain is worth it!

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of these in your future?

PXL_20220414_230459265.jpg

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a big reason why I went with a jon boat. Even with the original owner being the equivalent of the car guy with a jegs catalog it will still only be a few week project to get everything fixed up and completely redone how I want it. With Jon boats you can go as simple or as complicated as one would want. I’ve seen guys with nothing but a push pole and a bare boat, I’ve seen guys with Jon boats that look like bass boats. They’re pretty much a blank slate.
What boat did you end up with?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
What boat did you end up with?
I got an alumacraft 1540 with an older motorguide trolling motor and a 2015 mercury 9.9. The previous/first owner put a bunch of extra crap on the boat, most of it is going to be removed.
92F348EB-639C-4290-967C-64A12437A858.jpeg

I figure I’ll take it out for a quick trip somewhere close, and then start stripping it down. I want to remove everything, replace the heavy plywood floor with aluminum, add some floatation foam, add some lights and a small deck so I can have some storage underneath. Also rewiring everything, the electrical system is an electrical fire waiting to happen.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeap, I had to do a split study, which was a pain. But they slapped a cpap on me halfway through the night and man, I haven’t slept so well in longer than I can remember. They used some little thing that just straps to my nose. Wasn’t as bad as a full mask.
I can't wear the nose only ones, I leak too much out of my mouth even with a chin strap.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got an alumacraft 1540 with an older motorguide trolling motor and a 2015 mercury 9.9. The previous/first owner put a bunch of extra crap on the boat, most of it is going to be removed.View attachment 269988
I figure I’ll take it out for a quick trip somewhere close, and then start stripping it down. I want to remove everything, replace the heavy plywood floor with aluminum, add some floatation foam, add some lights and a small deck so I can have some storage underneath. Also rewiring everything, the electrical system is an electrical fire waiting to happen.
Great handy size. Looks good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom