First time reloader

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about turning the back room of my garage that's not climate controlled is this going to be a problem with our Oklahoma humidity

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Won't be an issue imo. Came from a family of reloaders on the eastern side of the state. All reloading was done in the garage, shops or out buildings with no heat, air or dehumidifiers.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Get a window unit!!! problem solved. :cool: If you use beam scales for powder a fan will mess with them, I have a ceiling fan in my office/toy room and have to turn it off when loading.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! Talking to some of the long time loaders and most of them said to get beam scales to double check the digital scales on occasion. Lot of guys here will help you and know way more than me. I just started reloading in December so all I can do is pass on info I have found here and on a couple of other boards. I have to say I really enjoy the whole process, from research to working up loads, especially enjoy the cheaper holes in paper. Problem is now I seem to be putting more holes in paper LOL. Good problem to have I think :)

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not an issue at all, just keep powder and primers in a controlled setting/storage prior to use. Been reloading many years in the shop now and (knock on wood) ain't been blown up by firing into a squib yet. :explode:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm going against the grain here. I keep my powder and primers in the hot/cold/humid shop where I reload. Been rolling my own since the early 80's, and can't contribute one failure to environmental issues while storing powder/primers. They are in a painted wood storage cabinet with doors, but that's it.
I'm getting ready to close in the reloading area and put an AC unit in there, but it will be for my preservation and not components.

20abd73c258b578f83d07db940f9923f.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom