First time small and large game hunter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clackamas Jack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

Growing up I hunted birds often in Oregon. I used to go Grouse, Quail, Pheasant and Chukar hunting. I never had the chance to hunt small or large game at all. I had one chance in the Army when I stationed at Fort Hood to hunt deer but sadly we didn't see anything. Now in my late 20's and settling in Oklahoma I am really wanting to hunt. I would love to hunt small game like rabbits and squirrel very soon and this upcoming fall I would love to hunt deer. I also really really want to hunt hogs as well. Where would be the best place to get started that won't break the bank, but is open to a teaching newbie? I have all the firearms needed anything in North America ranging from 22lr to 45-70 and of course shotguns so that isn't an issue.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a web page from the Okla Dept of Wildlife.
https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunting/wma
With this link, you can find where the public hunting areas are located as well as the new OLAP hunting areas which are private grounds the ODW leases for hunting and fishing. Most of the OLAP are bow and/or shotgun only areas with similar regulations to WMA's like no permanent stands, no baiting, and so on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom