First visit to Wanenmacher's on Nov 11th. VZ-58/AK prices vs. 'retail'?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laufer

New to the site!
Reaction score
Am quite aware that they are totally different.... Recently retired, learning a good bit from astute Mods and some others at AKfiles.
Will be the first time at any show larger than Atlanta (during business) or Ft. Worth! First & probably last show in Tulsa.

For any VZ-58 enthusiasts etc, would you anticipate that prices at W's are roughly the same as retail, various D-Technik/CSA origin?

Are prices for various imported AKs similar to what are seen at other recent gun shows? Really looking fwd. to Wanenmachers as a very unique experience, in general.

Thank you for any response(s). :)

Last edited:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome Laufer; talked with you through PMs over at AKfiles. We'll see if any here can give you more info on the presence of D-Technik/CSA rifles at the big show.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of love and lots of hate for Wannenmacher. I personally think its like any other gun show in that you never know whats going to show up and you gotta know what you're looking for. I'm not really in the market for anything right now but will go all the same.

Laufer

New to the site!
Reaction score
adamsredline: "Roger that".

Only looking for an imported VZ-58 or that other imported 7.62x39 'type', if not very common, or exorbitant price. I won't listen to any slick bs from sellers who assume that we don't spend hours (each week) reading Mods' etc evaluations/comparisons/contrasts on gun websites.

Possibly being in the post-election, and somewhat slump of post-Las Vegas, maybe demand is still cooled off for most of these exotic breeds.

There won't be any (Enfield) M1917s or safe, post 8**,*** # Springfields 1903s with good bores for near $1,000, unless they've been chopped/drilled etc.

Last edited:

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they are available in the marketplace, this is the show at which you will see them I'll bet........... You;ll just have to spend some foot time searching them out, but I'm betting there will be some at this show.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As said above, you'll have a better chance of finding one at Wanenmacher's than virtually any other show around. With that said, bring comfortable shoes and plan to spend plenty of time looking for a good deal. The show is open for a total of 18 hours over two days, and you cannot see everything no matter how hard you try.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In particular, watch the walk-in’s with firearms to sell. Some real deals to be found this way - I know, I’ve been the walk-in a number of times, and sold a firearm within minutes of entering the show. Once while still in the parking lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom