Fish gill Glocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you know me, you know that I am a fan boy of the Glock.

Are the fish gill Glocks pretty sought after? You never really see them come up sale on OSA or local sites. Besides the serrations I don’t believe there is a single difference in the firearm. Just a weird curiosity question. Thanks.

Mike

Attachments

• 8F481304-4ED9-4BCF-AFA6-93A744B39BF2.png
    8F481304-4ED9-4BCF-AFA6-93A744B39BF2.png
    392.6 KB · Views: 145

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are sought after by some who are Glock collectors. I don’t know how many were actually made or why they came up with that idea.

I have a small collection of 17’s. Gen-1 thru 4. One day when I hit the magic combination of having money in my pocket and finding one for the right price at the same time, I’ll add one of those.

If you visit glocktalk you may find more information.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See that’s my deal as well! One of these I’ll have money, a wild hair, and one in front of me for a good price. I think it would be cool to have one. Just for giggles.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I walked into a LGS back in 2011 looking to buy a FDE XD-9, was sold that morning. Started to order it when they showed me a fish gill G3-17. Loved the grip, bought it.

It was Glocks first attempt at a textured frame. It's like gripping a fine cheese grater. After shipping out the initial run, PD departments across the country complained that the grip was tearing up their seats. Literally cutting/sanding through the upholstery. That's the original RTF frame.

The gen4+ block pattern they made was the approved RTF2 frame.

There weren't a ton of RTF Glocks made. Even fewer have the fishgill slide. if you fall into one, hold on to it. It grips like nothing else.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can catch fish gill G22 police trade ins from time to time for 300-350. I have had 3 RTF2S and regret parting with my 17 the most. But hey gotta pay them bills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom