Fish gill Glocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I walked into a LGS back in 2011 looking to buy a FDE XD-9, was sold that morning. Started to order it when they showed me a fish gill G3-17. Loved the grip, bought it.

It was Glocks first attempt at a textured frame. It's like gripping a fine cheese grater. After shipping out the initial run, PD departments across the country complained that the grip was tearing up their seats. Literally cutting/sanding through the upholstery. That's the original RTF frame.

The gen4+ block pattern they made was the approved RTF2 frame.

There weren't a ton of RTF Glocks made. Even fewer have the fishgill slide. if you fall into one, hold on to it. It grips like nothing else.

I was told a similar story about the 21SF RTF2. Supposedly the complaint was that the grips were tearing uniform shirts. Still trying to figure that one out. Tearing up the seats is not uncommon in a police car. I’ve been in several that had a pistol grip sized hole worn in the right side of the drivers seat. It was mentioned one day that someone knew which car I drove because a hole was starting to wear on the left side. I just told them that it was an ambidextrous car now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom