Fish Story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Angler Benjamin Grunder struggles to hold on to the catch-of-a-lifetime after hooking a record-breaking catfish.

Benjamin Grunder holding his 286lbs record-breaking monster catfish

The 8ft 8ins whopper took more than 45 minutes to land

Benjamin, 37, thought his hook had snagged a submerged tree when the monster fish went for his bait, such was the colossal weight of it.

He quickly realised it was a big fish and spent a gruelling 45 minutes reeling it towards the banks of the River Po in Italy.

German Benjamin estimated the 8ft 8ins Wels catfish - the largest freshwater fish in Europe - at a whopping 286lbs or 20st.

Although the catch broke the existing record on the Po by 6ozs it is unofficial as it wasn't weighed on scales.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/57496...-after-battling-for-45-minutes-to-reel-it-in/

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always wondered if the Wels Catfish could survive here if it did I would bet it would eat everything in the lakes and rivers.
I wonder if they even taste good.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool, but...?

German Benjamin estimated the 8ft 8ins Wels catfish - the largest freshwater fish in Europe - at a whopping 286lbs or 20st.
Although the catch broke the existing record on the Po by 6ozs it is unofficial as it wasn't weighed on scales.

Sooooooo.... they guessed. Yeah, ok.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if it were weighed... you could swing 6oz on 286 pounds just by how much time elapsed between pulling it out of the water and weighing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom