Fishing Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My brother runs a striper guide service out of texhoma lake. He took me, mom, grandson, son & his girlfriend fishing. Caught a bunch of eaters couldn't find the big ones like they have been catching. My mom first time fishing on a boat. She caught the most fish and the biggest. Caught a black bass was the biggest. 20170529_115932.jpg 20170529_115956.jpg

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've lived on Lake Texoma longer than the Stripers and most of the long time locals (including myself) hate them. Wish they had never been stocked. Before they were introduced it was nothing to go trolling after work and catch 200 - 300 Sandbass on any given day. The Stripers have been good for the guides, marinas and other tourist influenced businesses but not for the locals. More and more the CoE are shutting down or leasing off portions of the lake and making them inaccessible to the public so I can't see where the introduction of Stripers to the waters have helped their budgetary pressures any either.

Just my opinion after spending the better part of 50 years on the lake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom