Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll give you $20 for that shovel if it's stamped U.S.
LOL, I bet you would. That was my issued shovel in the very early 70's. Going through the line in basic to get uniforms, and gear, one guy threw two of them into my duffle bag. I kept it hidden until getting home on leave. Been in every truck I've ever owned and bailed me out many times getting unstuck and anchoring a stringer in this case.

Edit it is stamped US and has a date of 1966.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to a local lake this afternoon. Saw the gulls swarming so drove over there and quickly caught these hybrids on an Alabama rig from the bank. The school moved away and it was over.

AE8D8363-EFFA-4757-BF6B-E5A97E42A497.jpeg

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I bet you would. That was my issued shovel in the very early 70's. Going through the line in basic to get uniforms, and gear, one guy threw two of them into my duffle bag. I kept it hidden until getting home on leave. Been in every truck I've ever owned and bailed me out many times getting unstuck and anchoring a stringer in this case.

Edit it is stamped US and has a date of 1966.
Great story. Sounds like you'll keep that till you die, which in that case you can just will it to me 😁

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I slipped out to Haskell lake expecting her to be nice and full from the recent rains but for some reason that I can't fathom they completely removed the little spillway and dropped the lake level dangerously low at the time when the fish are moving into the shallows to spawn. Somebody down stream inherited a lot of nice fish.
Even though it was slim pickens but I managed to catch 6 little Gills and two little Bass, beats getting skunked any day! I`ve retired all my spinning gear and my goal this year is to fish only with Tenkara rods (fixed line fly rod).

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

LittleLoggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I slipped out to Haskell lake expecting her to be nice and full from the recent rains but for some reason that I can't fathom they completely removed the little spillway and dropped the lake level dangerously low at the time when the fish are moving into the shallows to spawn. Somebody down stream inherited a lot of nice fish.
Even though it was slim pickens but I managed to catch 6 little Gills and two little Bass, beats getting skunked any day! I`ve retired all my spinning gear and my goal this year is to fish only with Tenkara rods (fixed line fly rod).

View attachment 360705

View attachment 360706

View attachment 360707

View attachment 360708

View attachment 360709

View attachment 360710

Tenkara questions coming in (pm)

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
PM says "This conversation is closed for new replies.:

The Shawdowfire is a quality rod for an affordable price...
https://dragontailtenkara.com/collections/rods
I use a Tenkara Rod Co bear tooth. Not a bad setup. I would’t mind getting a longer rod from Tenkara USA to keep in my boat full time. It seems like my Tenkara rod is never where I need it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom