Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice ones my wife wouldn’t eat them when she seen me cleaning some because of the red meat but she didn’t know I cut it out now she loves them
I need to have someone video me cleaning some. On the bigger ones like the 2 in my pic, I fillet the meat off the skin so that the fillet only has a thin strip of red meat. The strip that remains can easily be pinched between thumb and forefinger and peeled out.

Gringobandito

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got this guy before the storm hit yesterday.

IMG_2218.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I had the same question about these coming out of my own pond. I did some research and this is how this works. The fish with yellow tinges on their fins and a larger mouth, but a spot like a bluegill are a hybrid. They look like this:
View attachment 166672
They’re a hybrid from a male bluegill:
View attachment 166673
And a female green sunfish:
View attachment 166674
You can pinpoint the green sunfish because of the little green/blue stripes under its eyes and between its mouth and gill plate.

They’re very aggressive, but they also reproduce at a rate that’s 90% male. This means that they can reproduce between themselves but not at a large rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do they call it Hybrid #46? I mean there are Stripers and Walleye hybrids they call Wipers. What's this little one called?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fishing has been tough so far this week. Back to back rainy fronts has them too timid to bite. Found em deep, couldn't get a bite except for a drum. Found a ton of shad, maybe it's that time of year they don't have to hunt. Managed a few out of the weeds, nothing picture worthy. Maybe today's heat will put em in the mood. Guess I'm headed for my honey hole in Kansas.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fishing has been tough so far this week. Back to back rainy fronts has them too timid to bite. Found em deep, couldn't get a bite except for a drum. Found a ton of shad, maybe it's that time of year they don't have to hunt. Managed a few out of the weeds, nothing picture worthy. Maybe today's heat will put em in the mood. Guess I'm headed for my honey hole in Kansas.
What are you fishing for

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Largemouth.
We have a small lake here that used to be stocked with trout that has some really nice largemouth and smallmouth as well as giant perch they quit stocking trout several years ago. I haven’t ever caught a smallmouth but know of others that have. The wildlife department I heard shocked it several years ago and said there were largemouth that would break the state record in there. That’s what the lake patrol that use to live there and take care of the place told me he no longer works there he retired. Bluestem the other lake has a lot of good bass in it also I sold my boat and haven’t bass fished it in a few years

Latest posts

Top Bottom