Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d love to know your technique for the saugeye. I almost had a 20+ incher today. Snapped my line right at the dock because I was using lightweight test for crappie and didn’t have a way to get it onto the dock without just lifting it up with the rod. I didn’t have gloves and wasn’t going to stick my hands in his mouth haha. It was pretty traumatic lol. I’ve only ever caught saugeye as a bonus while crappie fishing. I’d love to figure out how to target them.

Another guy at the dock caught a 3-4 pound channel cat with a crappie jig, so I guess that’s the trick at Thunderbird for cats.
Just put one or two fingers in his mouth. I mean, you got TEN. How many do you need? That's why you have extras!! :rollingla

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That fish reminds me of myself. Lol. My legs haven't tanned yet this year. Lol. Nice bass. I need to take my dog out on the boat to see how he does.
It’s rained SEVERAL inches here in the last week, and my pond looks like mud soup. I figure that’s why the little bass is so pale. The only other bass I’ve caught out of this pond was colored nicely.:anyone:

I’m picking up my nephew this morning to hang out for a few hours, and he’s already said he wants to fish. I’ll get the stink bait out for him.:thumb:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d love to know your technique for the saugeye. I almost had a 20+ incher today. Snapped my line right at the dock because I was using lightweight test for crappie and didn’t have a way to get it onto the dock without just lifting it up with the rod. I didn’t have gloves and wasn’t going to stick my hands in his mouth haha. It was pretty traumatic lol. I’ve only ever caught saugeye as a bonus while crappie fishing. I’d love to figure out how to target them.

Another guy at the dock caught a 3-4 pound channel cat with a crappie jig, so I guess that’s the trick at Thunderbird for cats.

Here's where I learned how to hold walleye:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My nephew is 6 and has the attention span of a nat, but we did manage to catch one little cat.:thumb:
1882254B-14C7-4ABA-BCB9-8FB1B951130A.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!!!

This is only the second time he’s come out (by himself) to my place to “play”. After the first time a few weeks ago, he’s been asking when he could come back. Yesterday, we picked dewberries and mulberries, checked cows, fished, and he helped me with a window project for my aluminum trailer. He’s a great kid, and with my Dad gone, I want to try to fill the role as fun uncle and surrogate grandpa.
I’m actually in a little trouble, because I haven’t asked his big sister to come out. I revealed my plan to my brother and sister in law yesterday that I want to bring my niece up to hunt this year’s youth weekend for a big buck. She’s killed several does, but my brother hasn’t let her shoot a buck yet. I intend to cost my brother a taxidermy bill and set the bar extremely high for future bucks.:thumb:

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out today and the fishing was next to awful. I caught a couple of undersize saugeye earlier in the afternoon. Even the crappie bite was bad...caught less than a handful over the course of about 5 hours. About 15 minutes before I packed it up though, I caught this one off a fishing dock at T-Bird. 14” and 2lbs using one of those spring type hand scales you can get at Academy. Second best crappie I’ve ever caught.

Latest posts

Top Bottom