Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little urban fishing this morning...
I caught a couple of little Bass on my Tenkara rod and had a visit Mr Chin in the Fly Shop...

103_1728 (2).JPG

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I haven't been out since late March for multiple reasons, and we'd been having a run of poor luck before that. So it was refreshing to go out Monday evening and Tuesday afternoon and have the fish cooperate for a change! We wound up catching 27 overall, with the bulk being in the 2-5# range. Unfortunately we lost several big fish (and about $35 worth of lures), but the rest made up for the losses! :)

View attachment 210772 View attachment 210776 View attachment 210777 View attachment 210778 View attachment 210779 View attachment 210780 View attachment 210781

Great catch you guys. Congratulations on a very nice mess of fish!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those big hybrids are a lot of fun. Everybody always wants to know where you catch em, but you help prove my point, they are found in lakes all over the state. You put in the time and work and they can be found and caught.
When we first moved into this house ('76), an old neighbor was our mailman, and we wound up being pretty good friends. At that time, stripers were fairly new to Lake Texoma, and the bane of local fishermen (who mostly wanted catfish).

The old guy ran trot lines, and he'd bring the stripers to us (often 15 pounders), and told me to trim out the red meat and discard it. The rest was good eating, and a welcome protein addition to our struggling family on a budget (I was 19).

I'd shake the old man's hand and give him a hug (lol, if he'd let me) if he was still around.
:drunk2:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we first moved into this house ('76), an old neighbor was our mailman, and we wound up being pretty good friends. At that time, stripers were fairly new to Lake Texoma, and the bane of local fishermen (who mostly wanted catfish).

The old guy ran trot lines, and he'd bring the stripers to us (often 15 pounders), and told me to trim out the red meat and discard it. The rest was good eating, and a welcome protein addition to our struggling family on a budget (I was 19).

I'd shake the old man's hand and give him a hug (lol, if he'd let me) if he was still around.
:drunk2:
Yep, it easy to fillet the striper and hybrid that makes removing the red meat easy. Some guides do it for every trip. Some guides don't know how. Some guides say they do it for good tippers.

I was cleaning fish to remove the red meat at Buncombe marina. (Cleaning station on the water open for public and guides) One guide spoke loudly to his clients that I didn't know what I was doing when cleaning the fish. I just went on with what I was doing.

Later I asked the guide on his Facebook page ad if he removes the red meat. He answered he will for good tippers. He "hid" the Q/A from public view. It shows a lot about T character.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I haven't been out since late March for multiple reasons, and we'd been having a run of poor luck before that. So it was refreshing to go out Monday evening and Tuesday afternoon and have the fish cooperate for a change! We wound up catching 27 overall, with the bulk being in the 2-5# range. Unfortunately we lost several big fish (and about $35 worth of lures), but the rest made up for the losses! :)

That was a great day!

Latest posts

Top Bottom