Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the arches!
I made that in jest.
Knew exactly where they were.
Almost certain I beaned one and it got tangled up at bit as the 2 oz down weight clubbed it.
Guessing this due to absolutely no damage on the threadfin after the pole tip made its trip under the waterline in the rod holder.
Either that or some butthead with scuba.......
If he knew that warm water wasn’t coming from the outboard Maby he would play elsewhere.....

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got out for a little while this morning at Haskell Lake and caught 5 or 6 little Bass on my Tenkara rod. I was throwing a Peter`s Custom Trout Worm on a #8 Mustad Streamer hook...
https://peterscustomtroutworms.com/

103_1767 (2).JPG

103_1768 (2).JPG

103_1761.JPG

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left the Tenkara rod at home this morning and took out one of my ultralights. I was dragging an unweighted 4" Zoom worm through the vegetation and I ended up catching 7 and lost 3. I didn`t have enough stick to pull the 3 I lost out of that vegetation but that`s the price I pay for using light tackle...

103_1805.JPG

103_1812 (2).JPG

103_1808 (2).JPG

103_1796 (2).JPG

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my wife fishing to a new little lake we recently discovered, and fished from 7:00 this morning until 1:00 this afternoon. Caught 30 bass between us, with all of them averaging 12" in length.

IMG_20210710_171307.jpg

IMG_20210710_171526.jpg

My wife used her 9 ft. 5wt. fly rod with a muddler minnow that I tied for her last night, and I used my 9 ft. 6wt. fly rod with a brown crawdad fly that I tied early this morning.

Really looking forward to fishing this little lake again.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my wife fishing to a new little lake we recently discovered, and fished from 7:00 this morning until 1:00 this afternoon. Caught 30 bass between us, with all of them averaging 12" in length.

View attachment 213040

View attachment 213041

My wife used her 9 ft. 5wt. fly rod with a muddler minnow that I tied for her last night, and I used my 9 ft. 6wt. fly rod with a brown crawdad fly that I tied early this morning.

Really looking forward to fishing this little lake again.
Need to keep some of those to transplant or filet if the pond is overpopulated.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need to keep some of those to transplant or filet if the pond is overpopulated.

Oklahomabassin and Mr. Hoddy, I agree with both of you guys, but how do you get around the rules and regulations of keeping bass that are under the legal limit of 14"?

Since you cannot keep a largemouth bass under 14" for harvest, how can you "legally" take them and stock a pond with them?

My wife and I both said these bass would be perfect for stocking our pond, but we did not want to get into trouble for keeping bass that were under the legal length.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahomabassin and Mr. Hoddy, I agree with both of you guys, but how do you get around the rules and regulations of keeping bass that are under the legal limit of 14"?

Since you cannot keep a largemouth bass under 14" for harvest, how can you "legally" take them and stock a pond with them?

My wife and I both said these bass would be perfect for stocking our pond, but we did not want to get into trouble for keeping bass that were under the legal length.
@Deer Slayer maybe able to say how.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Is 14” the lake regulation? Different lakes have different regs. Ponca lake has a length limit for largemouth but no length or possession limit on Kentucky bass.
The Kentucky’s are overpopulated so the lake manager agreed to changing the rules in the interest of improving the overall health of the lake in general.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is 14” the lake regulation? Different lakes have different regs. Ponca lake has a length limit for largemouth but no length or possession limit on Kentucky bass.
The Kentucky’s are overpopulated so the lake manager agreed to changing the rules in the interest of improving the overall health of the lake in general.

This lake/reservoir is 50 acres in size, and the sign posted at the gate entrance says that "all state rules and regulations must be strictly adhered to when fishing this body of water".

A permit is also required to fish this particular lake.

So, we looked up Oklahoma's rules and regulations online for largemouth bass, and it specifically stated that bass under 14" in length must be returned to the water, and bass over 14" may be kept with a daily limit of 6 per person.

What am I missing here?

Latest posts

Top Bottom