Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1628823767674.png

Hey girl ya want to go sink a worm, we'll call it fishing LOL.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't imagine why she wouldn't...
:drunk2:
___
She hates fish! Too many other people did not know how to properly cook it, and she won't eat greasy half cooked fish, and I won't either!

There is one exception. When she caught a 65 pound blue cat, I cleaned it, filleted it, removed all fat and red meat, cut it up in small chunks and let it soak overnight in ice cold saltwater.

When I deep fried some of it the next day, it was NOT soaking in grease and it was NOT raw in the middle. These two things are why she has always hated fish. Any kind of fish.

After she ate some of the fish I fried, she said it was some of the best fish she has ever eaten, and will only eat fish if I cook it!

So, I'm hoping the same thing will apply to this bass, cause tomorrow afternoon, it's what's for dinner.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My wife has never eaten bass before, so I kept a few just for her. If she likes it, there will be a couple of meals here just for her.
Bass can have a gamey taste to it that I was never fond of. I found that if you put a very light coating of plain yellow mustard on the fish before you bread it up to fry, that it takes the gamey taste away and you can't taste the mustard.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bass can have a gamey taste to it that I was never fond of. I found that if you put a very light coating of plain yellow mustard on the fish before you bread it up to fry, that it takes the gamey taste away and you can't taste the mustard.
I've heard that before, but had forgotten about it. I believe I do that and put mustard on the fish before coating in cornmeal. Thanks for reminding me about this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom