Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Caught a Mackinaw on Flathead lake Montana last week. Weighed a little over 8 pounds which is basically bait fish size for the specie. Lol.
Very slow day with 8 rods out trolling using downriggers at 340’ and planer boards at various depths.
We fished canyon lake Montana yesterday catching around 45 walleye, keeping 25.
Not a single pic taken but of an eagle taking one of the smaller walleye from the water that had been deep hooked and died.
Walleye tacos tonight for 16 friends!
0630D4E2-70F0-470E-B056-3E804798AAB2.jpeg

2CAA1B36-4A33-4C70-8FCE-646C58B4CB85.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell of a good string of channels! Water looks clear so they should be good eats.
I guess I don’t have a very discerning palate, because I honestly can’t tell the difference in the ones caught in a muddy Salt Fork vs a clear one. The only way I cook them is fried though, and frying makes even substandard food taste good.:rollingla

My wife has never been a fan of fried fish unless my Dad was doing to cooking, but since she bought me the Cajun Fryer and I started bringing home catfish from the river, she’s been wanting me to cook some on a regular basis.:thumb:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom