Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
received_287270146329366.jpeg

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bassin, what lake was that from? I’ve been chasin saugeye for the last 3 weeks.
Those are walleye. Easiest way to tell is by the white dot/tip on the anal fin.

if you are wanting to catch fish like that I would suggest Canton, Altus, Taylor Lake (small but good, they stock saugeye) I’ve caught decent eyes at chickasha lake too

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

if you are wanting to catch fish like that I would suggest Canton, Altus, Taylor Lake (small but good, they stock saugeye) I’ve caught decent eyes at chickasha lake too
My fault that I was lazy and didn't do a better display of the fish for pictures. You can't see the spiny dorsal fin spread out to identify the fish well. They are saugeye. Both saugeye and walleye have a white tip. The spiny (front) dorsal fin is one of the easiest ways to see the difference in saugeye and walleye. The saugeye will have black spots throughout the fin. The walleye will only have black at the base of the rear of the spiny dorsal fin.

art2.jpg
Screenshot_20220522-210858_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220522-210736_Samsung Internet.jpg

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I grew up in Altus and never knew Lugert was as good a fishery as it is. It’s been wiped out a couple times from algae blooms.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went pond fishing with the wifey this afternoon.
Kinda difficult with the moss turn right now.
Caught a bunch of little 6 to 7 incher bass & a couple good sized sun fish that I didn't get pictures of. Then I decided to go get my phone from the truck & we caught a few more. Best catch of the day was this bass at 16.75 inches a bit over 2 lbs.
20220522_171917_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom