Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This inspired me to get my Zebco 33 out last night and do some casting in the front yard!

I ended up breaking a piece on the inside and wonder if it’s worth repairing or just putting it up on a shelf somewhere.

Anyone ever fix their reel? Where is a great place besides eBay for those parts?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guests left this morning, so I decided to hit the river one more time before we head home tomorrow. The river level has dropped since yesterday and gotten clearer. The holes holding fish are getting fewer and harder to fish because of brush and low hanging limbs, but I did manage to catch 3 channel cats and a turtle in about an hour.
Edit to add that I was able to remove the hook and release the turtle unharmed.
5E45B4BF-DAB9-4F60-88DA-27922C46D707.jpeg

780188F5-F389-477E-863B-74ACD44F8F2A.jpeg

Last edited:

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This inspired me to get my Zebco 33 out last night and do some casting in the front yard!

I ended up breaking a piece on the inside and wonder if it’s worth repairing or just putting it up on a shelf somewhere.

Anyone ever fix their reel? Where is a great place besides eBay for those parts?
If it is one of the all metal ones that say spinner on the cap it is worth it. If its a plastic one Its just up to you. I have hundreds of vintage reels and usually the cheapest way to fix one is to buy find another whole complete reel and save it to patch the one you use. It is the way I am forced to do it as almost everything I use is no longer made. But I got enough to last 3 lifetimes.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday`s search for creek to wade in Arkansas was a bust...
I talked to a Ranger at Steel Creek and he said the Buffalo was very low and fishing was slow. Two places on the King`s failed to respond to my inquiries, Big Piney is too low to fish or float and couldn`t find anybody to report on the Cossatot but after talking to a woman at a camp on the Illinois river South of Siloam Springs I decided to go there, so with a 3 day Arkansas FL, full tank of gas and camping and fishing gear loaded I headed out at dark:30. A 102 miles of Oklahoma Ozarks (Tahlequah-Westville-Summers) winding roads later I arrive to find out they decided to close for the day, so I drive accross the 59 bridge to Gypsy camp and canoe only to meet them at the gate, they too decided to close. So I take 412 back to Oklahoma and 10 South and stopped at Riverside Camp and canoe, well I have to float to stay, by now I`ve already waved bye to my sense of humor and I moved on to Round Hollow. I managed to dodge one shuttle after another, ignored the screaming kids and the dope smoking/rock stacking hippies and was able to fish for a hour or so and then headed home. I did get to break in a new reel and a new pair of water shoes, and both performed nicely!
😀
That is one expensive fish!

“The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley.” -Robert Burns

103_3755 (2).JPG

103_3753 (2).JPG

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
63D86196-0477-47F8-90D1-93E6D23BB270.jpeg

Caught my personal best Oklahoma Rainbow this last weekend. Second best rainbow I’ve caught ever. Caught another 8-9 rainbows and a handful of other fish between my buddy and I. Notably I managed to hook a 15ish pound grass carp on a 5” shad swim bait. Definitely wasn’t expecting that. Good hook too, right in the corner of the mouth.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left out this morning about dark :30 and was rigged and wading by 07:00, I got in 4 hours of fishing and was back at the house by 12:30, it`s about 120 miles there and back. l didn`t even try to count those little rascals but there was a bunch of `em!
😎
No size to `em but it was great fun!

View attachment 286635

View attachment 286639

View attachment 286638

View attachment 286636

View attachment 286637

View attachment 286643

View attachment 286640
Wish I had a bucket full of them to put in my pond

Latest posts

Top Bottom