Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found an era correct rod for my old 33 Spinner a week or so ago and finally took it out for a test this morning and it did pretty good so now I`ll retire to the wall...

103_1431 (2).JPG

103_1434 (2).JPG

103_1446 (2).JPG

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Garrett--
Beautiful bass! Always enjoy your frequent posts. Reminds me of the "daily cast" that the trout resort in Missouri does.

Corona-- looks like you are getting the hang of the 'eye fishing! Pay attention to the structure, depth and water temp you are catching em. They will be in very similar structure in other lakes.

(My guess T Bird minimum length is still 18" to continue reducing (improving size by reducing competition) the stunted crappie.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Garrett--
Beautiful bass! Always enjoy your frequent posts. Reminds me of the "daily cast" that the trout resort in Missouri does.

Corona-- looks like you are getting the hang of the 'eye fishing! Pay attention to the structure, depth and water temp you are catching em. They will be in very similar structure in other lakes.

(My guess T Bird minimum length is still 18" to continue reducing (improving size by reducing competition) the stunted crappie.

You’re exactly right. That crappie I posted a few days ago from T Bird is probably in the top 1% of crappie in that lake, based on my years of fishing there. The average crappie I catch there is no bigger than my hand.

I finally caught a decent channel cat today...of course I was targeting the saugeye when I caught it lol. The thing jumped out of the water like a large mouth the moment I set the hook.

I caught 2-3 more saugeye again today, but all in the 10-12 inch range. I can’t say I’ve really learned anything about saugeye tactics other than the location I fish from seems to be good. I also question that sometimes though because I might go an hour between fish. I feel like I might just be catching transient ones as they pass by. I’m fishing from shore.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’re exactly right. That crappie I posted a few days ago from T Bird is probably in the top 1% of crappie in that lake, based on my years of fishing there. The average crappie I catch there is no bigger than my hand.

I finally caught a decent channel cat today...of course I was targeting the saugeye when I caught it lol. The thing jumped out of the water like a large mouth the moment I set the hook.

I caught 2-3 more saugeye again today, but all in the 10-12 inch range. I can’t say I’ve really learned anything about saugeye tactics other than the location I fish from seems to be good. I also question that sometimes though because I might go an hour between fish. I feel like I might just be catching transient ones as they pass by. I’m fishing from shore.
Our local lake used to be like what your experiencing. Crappie about 6" in length. 15 or so years ago the ODW introduced saugeye and the recovery began. We catch the occasional 14" with most in the 12" length showing their strategy is working.

Latest posts

Top Bottom