Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out yesterday to a public access area & caught 6.5 of these.
20210523_183022.jpg

The half one,
20210523_173542.jpg

The amount of gar activity in this area is ridiculous.
I kept trying to snag a gar but had no luck.
Hundreds of gar, if anyone wants to bow spear them, let me know & I'll take you out there & we will have fun.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The .5 fish is pretty funny Mr.T. What part of the state?

I have been seeing a train of buffalo 3-4' wide and many feet long sucking cottonwood seeds off the water surface.

I'll just give a general location. East of Newkirk, part of Bear Creek in the Kaw wildlife area.

The cottonwood seeds may be what the gar are surfacing for.
There are a bunch of gar in this area, some 3 to 3.5 feet long. The 2 to 3 footers surface quite often.
I don't have the gear or the want to catch a gar, but wouldn't mind arrowing or spearing a few.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll just give a general location. East of Newkirk, part of Bear Creek in the Kaw wildlife area.

The cottonwood seeds may be what the gar are surfacing for.
There are a bunch of gar in this area, some 3 to 3.5 feet long. The 2 to 3 footers surface quite often.
I don't have the gear or the want to catch a gar, but wouldn't mind arrowing or spearing a few.
I think gar can gulp air. I have a bow fishing bow that I would let you use but that is dang near Kansas far away.
You accuse me of trying to get you to reveal you fishing locations, and here you are asking for someone else?!?:anyone::scratch:
Don't get in a tizzy, I asked what part of the state, not specifics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom