Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Deep ponds are better than shallow ponds.

I have access to a couple ponds that even when totally full, they would only be about wast deep on me.
That's what my ponds were. Waist deep when full from sediment accumulating over the years. I was looking to get some NRCS assistance to dig them out when the neighbor stepped in and did it for free.

Last edited:

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out to chickasha lake yesterday evening with the wife and kids. Bank fishing walking up and down the damn along the rocks. Was looking for the white bass (chickasha lake is full of em) but found more crappie and bass instead. Kept a few. A couple nice slabs over 12”, my kiddos caught lots of nice bluegill.

To anyone who fishes out there be aware they have increased the price. It’s now $10 per adult day fishing pass. And they hired a “host” to stay out there and collect. Gone are the days of me swinging out for a couple hours to wet a line on a weekday evening. Might as well buy the annual pass now. Maybe they will actually start maintaining some things out there… we will see

Attachments

• 54C7990F-36CC-437E-92E7-74D8503F5A04.jpeg
    54C7990F-36CC-437E-92E7-74D8503F5A04.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 0

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck ya! Nice catch! The ditch pickles taste great!
Thanks! Yeah I find as long as they come from clean water they taste fine. I was catching bunches of 12-15” bass, so I kept 2. Best eating size! Any “ditch pickle” (haha) over 2lbs goes back though. Where did the term ditch pickle for bass come from?

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rainy day fishing! Something I don't usually do.
Went out to the lake after lunch cause it wasn't raining that hard. Stayed for about an hour until the rain got heavy enough that even with my jacket on I was getting wet & cold.
Caught a couple of, this was the largest.
20220525_151652.jpg

& a tiny bass. Actually that is the first bass I have caught out of the lake.

20220525_145154~2.jpg

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out to chickasha lake yesterday evening with the wife and kids. Bank fishing walking up and down the damn along the rocks. Was looking for the white bass (chickasha lake is full of em) but found more crappie and bass instead. Kept a few. A couple nice slabs over 12”, my kiddos caught lots of nice bluegill.

To anyone who fishes out there be aware they have increased the price. It’s now $10 per adult day fishing pass. And they hired a “host” to stay out there and collect. Gone are the days of me swinging out for a couple hours to wet a line on a weekday evening. Might as well buy the annual pass now. Maybe they will actually start maintaining some things out there… we will see
Holy crap, they’re charging to fish at Chickasha Lake now? Haven’t fished there in years but when I did it was free. Caught my 1st walleye there, didn’t know what it was and was about to grab him by the lip like you would a a bass.

Guy I was fishing with said ya may want to rethink that. Got the worst sunburn that day too, we were in tubes and I was in a wifebeater.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hey hey now, I may or may not have done that…once.
Not as bad though. I was backing the boat in and noticed the trailer was drifting to the side. I guess I was excited about getting on the water with the kids that day. I forgot to release the rear safety straps!

Latest posts

Top Bottom