Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, sounds good to me, I'd be escatic with that pace. I set a 6 mile PR Monday with a 8:08 average. A fast runner I am not.

BTW, what was your heart rate like?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, sounds good to me, I'd be escatic with that pace. I set a 6 mile PR Monday with a 8:08 average. A fast runner I am not.

BTW, what was your heart rate like?

The pace was fine, but hitting it took a much higher heart rate than it should have.

I was a little under 165 bpm (about 80% of functional heart rate max) for the first two miles (about 7:30/ mi), then about 170-175 bpm (about 85% functional HR max) for the last two miles (7:10-7:15/ mi).

Before I got sick those same heart rates would have corresponded to about 6:30-6:50/ mi pace.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10.1 miles today. My first long run since the Memorial.

It definitely felt good to go a little father, and my HR is inching back to where it should be.

I've been keeping up pretty well with my routine of squats/planks/side planks 3-4 days a week.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulled muscle in my lower back yesterday, woke up pretty damn stiff today, needless to say felt I should lay off running, so a long climb was in order, knocked this out then 500 reps of shoulders and chest at high rate and 100 abs, 4 weeks till CTG, feel as if I'm a long ways off, hopefully it's all in my head
image.jpeg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just read the last few entries here, looks like I'm no where close to some of you guys, but I'm finally trying to get in a shape besides round. A little history: spent 13 years in National Guard in Louisiana (1/96-3/09), so there was a time in life when I was in good shape. I'm around 6', medium build I guess, and have a job that I get little to medium exercise in, depending on the day really. When I was at doctor the 3 weeks ago, I weighed around 250 with work clothes on.

I started back jogging a couple weeks back, and have been doing 4 laps at our town park which = 1.2 miles roughly. I also have a Weider home gym, there is no "real" gym in my town plus no one to go with if there was. My goals ATM are to start doing the 4 lap run/jog every morning before work, and get in time on the home gym in the evenings. My question: Would it be better to "isolate" individual muscle groups each night (back, chest, arms, legs, etc) or mix in some of each every night, and just use different exercises each workout, on a rotation? This little gym aint bad, but is pretty limited to what I can do on it...not a lot of variety for some parts. Thanks in advance for any help! Clint

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just read the last few entries here, looks like I'm no where close to some of you guys, but I'm finally trying to get in a shape besides round. A little history: spent 13 years in National Guard in Louisiana (1/96-3/09), so there was a time in life when I was in good shape. I'm around 6', medium build I guess, and have a job that I get little to medium exercise in, depending on the day really. When I was at doctor the 3 weeks ago, I weighed around 250 with work clothes on.

I started back jogging a couple weeks back, and have been doing 4 laps at our town park which = 1.2 miles roughly. I also have a Weider home gym, there is no "real" gym in my town plus no one to go with if there was. My goals ATM are to start doing the 4 lap run/jog every morning before work, and get in time on the home gym in the evenings. My question: Would it be better to "isolate" individual muscle groups each night (back, chest, arms, legs, etc) or mix in some of each every night, and just use different exercises each workout, on a rotation? This little gym aint bad, but is pretty limited to what I can do on it...not a lot of variety for some parts. Thanks in advance for any help! Clint
It would absolutely benefit you to work out specific muscle groups on each day, spread them out, meaning, muscle groups that relate to each other, for example, I do chest and back, biceps and triceps and legs on separate days and spread them out, you have to give the muscles time to heal, you will figure out what works best for you, everyone is different

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question: Would it be better to "isolate" individual muscle groups each night (back, chest, arms, legs, etc) or mix in some of each every night, and just use different exercises each workout, on a rotation?

Depends on your goals. If you're trying to cut fat and increase cardio, full body high intensity sessions are effective. Isolating body parts on certain days like a push/pull routine for example, is more commonly used to build strength and size.

Like Mk said, everyone is different and there's many different philosophies out there. Whatever you choose, stick with it, put in the time, get your diet in check (most important) and you'll be back to fighting shape before long. It ain't easy but it's worth it.

After years of heavy lifting, I quit in 2007, got fat and could barely run a mile. I made a commitment little over a year ago to get back in shape. Cardio and endurance is my goal now, it's been tough but at 44 I'm in the best shape of my life. Good luck bud.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friday: Warm-up them 40 min AMRAP of sandbag squats, DB presses, 200 meter run and situps. (15 rounds).

Saturday: 2 - 2 mile runs at pace determined by my last 6 mile time. 4:30 rest in between rounds. 14:44 and 15:26. Target was 14:50 so the last round was a big fail. HR was in the 160's 1st round and 170's 2nd.

Sunday: REST

7 weeks until Pawnee RNG. I got a lot of work to do.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm pretty much recovered from that bug and subsequent sinus infection, the run felt good today!

1 mile warm-up, <70% max heart rate
3x 1/2 mile intervals @ ~90% max heart rate with 1/2 mile jog/walk for recovery in between

These hard intervals are going to be mentally tough for a while at least, I'm not used to pushing myself that hard for any distance.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4 - 2 mile interval runs with 4 min rest in between, averaged just a tick over 7:30 average per mile overall. I added up all the interval times and realized I cut 1:16 off the run time from this same session back on May 12. I bought a Garmin watch and it's really helped me with pace and heart rate monitoring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom