Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda sorta.

I'd like to eventually run a marathon (nostalgia since my dad was a marathon runner) or perhaps even a 50k (ultras soound impressive) but I'm testing my body first to see how it responds to "high" miles before I commit.

I would have entered the Route 66 but it's opening weekend of rifle season. The Post Oak challenge in Feb is on my radar.

Today's run was easy but I ran slow (10:43 average) to keep my HR in the right zone.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I dragged myself back to the gym last Thursday, arghh, after stopping at Chic-Fil-A on the way. I had been going 2-3 days a week for about 8 months 1.5 years ago, but my idea of trying to exercise at home was a total flop as sometimes I would make time and other times I'd go for a long time without doing anything. I'm trying to get back to where I was when I left, but so far I can only do 1 sets of the 3 sets I used to, I guess it will take time get back there. Should I try to lower the weights and up the sets or just do 1 set for a few weeks, then move to 2 sets for a few weeks, then move to 3 sets...

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I dragged myself back to the gym last Thursday, arghh, after stopping at Chic-Fil-A on the way. I had been going 2-3 days a week for about 8 months 1.5 years ago, but my idea of trying to exercise at home was a total flop as sometimes I would make time and other times I'd go for a long time without doing anything. I'm trying to get back to where I was when I left, but so far I can only do 1 sets of the 3 sets I used to, I guess it will take time get back there. Should I try to lower the weights and up the sets or just do 1 set for a few weeks, then move to 2 sets for a few weeks, then move to 3 sets...

I would do a set (maybe two) with lower weight and then a set with the old weight. just my 2 cents

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 miles at easy effort on hills yesterday, 50.5 on the week.

I've definitely turned up the volume and intensity on my training this time around: from here until the two or three weeks before the Route 66 I'll be getting more miles per week than I did at any point in my last training cycle.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job man.

19 miles yesterday and 6 more this morning. Total of 38 for the week. I'm on an accelerated program between now and oct. 15.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Training is going well so the wife and I finally entered a race... the Pumpkin Holler Hundred on October 15. I'm doing the 50k and she the 25k. Premature, yes but I feel healthy and strong and want to do something before I go into winter hibernation mode.

22 miles yesterday, 8 this morning... 50.6 total for the week.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sign up for the OKC Memorial Marathon starts today! I'm already signed up for the half marathon again. I'm planning on training more to beat my 2:46 from the last half.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got that email as well. I'm hoping that my employer (who always sponsors a water stop and gets free entries for it) will get me a free entry again.

Buddhaman, did you run in the HOTTER or HOTTEST 5k's?

I'm considering running the relay with my in-laws (along with the full), but depending on how Tulsa goes I might be in a good position to try qualifying for Boston and that would likely take precedence over the relay.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got that email as well. I'm hoping that my employer (who always sponsors a water stop and gets free entries for it) will get me a free entry again.

Buddhaman, did you run in the HOTTER or HOTTEST 5k's?

I'm considering running the relay with my in-laws (along with the full), but depending on how Tulsa goes I might be in a good position to try qualifying for Boston and that would likely take precedence over the relay.

Yeah, I did the whole HOT series. Didn't do too bad with my times. Current 5K personal record is now 29:28! I'll be in the Project Life 5K this weekend. My employer used to do a water stop at the Marathon but they haven't the last 2 years. They also used to reimburse you for fitness events but not anymore thanks to the downturn. Oh well, hasn't stopped my running any.

Latest posts

Top Bottom