Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not on that familiar with Tulsa; where would Guthrie Green be in relationship to the start or finish of the race?

Learning to control my hunger took a while after I started running. It's pretty easy top eat back more than what you burn off, and not getting enough protein has been a personal issue as well.

Right now I'm pretty much always in at least a low-grade state of hungry. And for whatever reason I get REALLY hungry after eating a meal.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finish line is at Guthrie Green. It's the start and finish area for Saturdays fun run and 5k.

I could actually be anywhere doing anything I get used a problem solver, last year I moved generators, helped at registration, helped clear the finish paddock after the 5k, was a course marshal on marathon day.

I'm enjoying lifting I walk a mile in the morning then walk a mile to warm up before I lift in the evening. I'm having the exact opposite problem now I eat 5-7 times a day and I have a hard time making myself eat.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to start some form of weight training. I was at least doing goblet squats and some other core exercises but stopped when moving this summer.

Weights seems to be one thing I haven't been able to get to stick, but that pretty much everyone else around here enjoys.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Training is going well so the wife and I finally entered a race... the Pumpkin Holler Hundred on October 15. I'm doing the 50k and she the 25k. Premature, yes but I feel healthy and strong and want to do something before I go into winter hibernation mode.

22 miles yesterday, 8 this morning... 50.6 total for the week.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Did you and the missus run the race? If so, how'd it go?

22 miles today; 82 for the week, which is I record high for me.
My first half marathon is next Saturday, I'm wanting to use it as a tuneup for the Route 66.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you and the missus run the race? If so, how'd it go?

22 miles today; 82 for the week, which is I record high for me.
My first half marathon is next Saturday, I'm wanting to use it as a tuneup for the Route 66.
Nice job on the mileage! What's your goal for Route 66 marathon?

Yes, we did do the race and had a good experience. in addition to the 25k and 50k, they had a 100k, 100 mile and 135 mile race. The ultra trail race scene is... different to put it mildly. My dad ran marathons when I was young so I know a little about that side of distance racing. Way different deal.

Course was gravel road over rolling hills. 1600' elevation gain and about the same downhill. I started slow to conserve energy and it worked well, had just enough left in the tank to finish fairly strong. I finished in 5:36:01, good enough for 15th place out of 90, but to be fair, 1/2 of the entrants seemed content to walk... alot.

My wife said the same thing about the 25k, most wanted to walk. She's not fast yet still finished 4th out of 16 in her age group.

Now time to hunt and take it easy [emoji4]

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the races!

One of these days I'll make the jump to ultras. Maybe next year if I can qualify for Boston at the Memorial Marathon.

I haven't nailed down a pace or time goal for Tulsa yet. I'm planning on basing that off how fast I can run the half next weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get 3:15 or so; that could put me within striking distance of a BQ for the spring.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a relative term. I'm training for the war eagle 50k in June. Running the post oak 25k this weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom