Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That may play a role. One more thing i thought of is to check your blood pressure.
I used to drink pre-work out stuff and that stuff raised my BP through the roof which resulted in headaches.
I don't use any supplements anymore for that reason.

Point is. Check your BP!
BP medicine does this to me..

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Small town 5k tomorrow that I plan to take fairly easy, then I'm running the Stars and Stripes Forever 5k at Lake Hefner on Independence Day. Looking to take a big chunk off my PR.

Anyone else racing around the holiday?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Small town 5k tomorrow that I plan to take fairly easy, then I'm running the Stars and Stripes Forever 5k at Lake Hefner on Independence Day. Looking to take a big chunk off my PR.

Anyone else racing around the holiday?

Good luck!! No race for me. And no workouts either. At least not serious ones. I woke up with 100.5F temp this morning. That would explain why I've been "off" the last couple of days. So I'm gonna do a leisurely hour of cardio tomorrow and Sunday (like 130-140 AHR), do my PT exercises with either no or very light weights and just take it easy.

I started tapering down this round of prednisone and sure enough I'm having trouble with choking and swallowing again. Guess I have some x-rays and an ENT guy in my future. But not before I try a speech pathologist and some PT to learn some different ways of dealing with it first. We'll see what the PA says at my post-op on the 20th. I really do think it's just me having trouble adjusting to the hardware and nothing like nerve damage or anything like that. Still, I gotta figure out how to work around it until they can take it out (if I don't adjust and they just HAVE to) in November ... or January. Again, depends on if the fusion is solid by then.

But, until then ... I'll be walking and working out as much as I can. I'm kinda trying to take advantage of the situation of not having any appetite to work out and get some of this weight off. So far so good. My blood work from last week came back and all my numbers, except my BP, came back good. Overall, I'm happy as a bug in a rug!

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Training for the summer 20k RNG on July 21. Might do the Kennebrek 15 mile mountain race near Durango on July 29. We'll be up there for vacation anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Annie, as was said before, endurance training is generally done at a moderate level of exertion. Intervals are done with the aim of increasing speed and strength. Keep up the indoor cycling, but look at riding a bike outdoors instead of running. I've met countless runners who took up cycling as a way to rehab running-related injuries, but never a cyclist who took up running because of cycling-related injuries.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom