Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, you bunch of slackers ... I got the okay last week to start shooting "whatever I felt comfortable with :bigeye:" (his look, not mine! I was like :woohoo1::woot::hyper:) and lifting weights, as long as I used a personal trainer.

Went to my first weight-lifting session today. **** me, my knees hurt ... lol ... I can only imagine what it's gonna feel like in the morning. I kinda expected more pain in my neck and upper back.

I was gonna go do cardio this evening but have caught a serious case of the lead-ass ... it feels terminal ... lol ... if it's not I'll go do that in the morning on my "off" day ...

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty good! :clap3:Today's my off day, which turned out to be good because I've a migraine all day. NOTHING has worked on it. Guess I should have taken that prescription when the doc offered it yesterday.

Yesterday was weight-lifting day. My trainer might me a little, bitty tiny thing but she is a slave driver! My shoulders are that good kinda sore, ya know??

I did about 10 minutes on the treadmill, but my ankle just does NOT want to cooperate. Looks like my cardio is gonna be on the stationary bike for the foreseeable future, which, while not my first choice, is okay. Better than no cardio at all, right?

I did an hour of some program on the stationary bike yesterday that changed intensity every minute for 60 minutes. I think I have found my new favorite program. I was drenched when I was done and my heart rate stayed at a nice, fairly high rate.

My new cardio goal is to go from doing that program for an hour (which is where I hit my wall) to being able to ride it for 2 hours.

I'm thinking I'll do a light shoulder/upper back routine and an hour of cardio again tomorrow. Then I'll see Chelsie on Monday and she will kick my ass again.

I'm glad I hired her. I just don't know that much about weight-lifting and she gives me the knowledge and confidence to do it without injuring myself.

I dropped another 5 pounds. I'm thinking 30 more and I'll be in decent shape for my height because I'm wanting a more healthy, muscular look, as opposed to just getting skinny.

My goal is get enough upper body strength to get a good sized motorcycle (no scooter for me! Lol) up from off center. Right now I just don't have the strength to do it, so it seems kinda silly to go shopping for one.

Sturgis, which was this weekend, is on my bucket list. I figure I'll be ready next year.

It's not done yet, but this has been a long journey for me. I started trying to get in shape last March. My neck kinda had other ideas but I honestly think I wouldn't have bounced back from that surgery as well as I have if I hadn't already dropped the 30 pounds I did before I had it done and I hadn't been walking/running those 20-50 miles a week beforehand.

Anybody who thinks it's too hard ... or they don't have time ... to get healthy needs to just take it one day at a time and DO IT. That first mile and a half I walked at Eldon Lyon Park in March last year nearly killed me. Looking back I overtrained bad -- really bad. I think that's why I'm having so much trouble with my ankle/Achilles tendon now but I haven't felt this good since I was in my 20s and it has everything to do with eating right and getting off my ass and MOVING.

:soapbox: Sorry ... I'll get down off my soapbox now ... :bighug:

Last edited:

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to do better at running again. I've been doing leg presses and sit ups which cuts my cardio time. I'm thinking of running during lunch then lifting after work. Now that it's almost Fall I have a stack of 5Ks to get ready for.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Note to self: Don't think that just because you did lower body workouts with your trainer on Friday she is gonna do upper body on Monday and ride the stationary bike for an hour and a half before she gets there.

*******, my butt hurts!! Lol

She actually does this thing where I move from one of 3 different weight-bearing exercises, with cardio stuff in between and then rest a minute and start all over, for 3-5 sets. I'm definitely getting my money's worth with her.

Oh, and I "found" the rowing machine today. I think I REALLY like it. I like that everything gets some work as opposed to just my legs.

It's gonna be HARD to get up in the morning and go back but I'll do it. I've noticed that, for me anyway, the worst thing I can do is skip a day of cardio if I'm sore. I understand why you need to skip days for weight-training but an hour or so of moderate cardio the day after weights really helps with the soreness.

My biggest problem is having to wear this bone stimulator 4 hours a day. It REALLY is a pain in the ass. "Only" 260 more days to go ...:censored: :bigeye:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, as I sit here with this damned bone stimulator on I thought I'd say I REALLY like that rowing machine ... I think I'm gonna do that -- a LOT.

Then I did an hour of the stationary bike and called it a day. Tomorrow is an appointment with the personal trainer and I NEVER know what she's got in store for me. Then another hour of cardio.

I have no clue how much weight I've lost. What I do know is I feel better than I have since most of you guys have known me. Plus, all my blood work from my physical was perfect. And my resting heart rate has gone from the low to mid 80s, to mid to high 60s.

I may lose my mind (Alzheimer's runs in my family) and shake like a leaf (Parkinson's, too) but the rest of me will live forever. Lol

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, as Billy Crystal was famous for saying.....
q.likesuccess.com_122_6073735_you_look_mahvelous_billy_crystal.jpg

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, it is OFFICIAL ... THIS little girl is a ****ing badass ...

Eta: Damned NBA won't let me post a link to her pic ... bastards ...

Not only is she cute as a button she is strong as an ox. I'm glad she's my trainer. I have come so much farther in such a short time with her than I ever thought possible.

If any of you guys need a "home gym" I cannot recommend the crew at Anytime Fitness in Bethany highly enough ... @Biggsly than you SO much for turning me into them. I was there 2 hours today. 3 months ago I barely lasted 30 minutes. Thanks again!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom