Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I kinda got body slammed by my motorcycle on Tuesday so I took it easy this week. But I am going to be doing the Monarch Madness 5K next weekend. I did the Project Life 5K last weekend. I signed up for the Memorial half marathon next year as well. :-P I've been semi-busy.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I kinda got body slammed by my motorcycle on Tuesday so I took it easy this week. But I am going to be doing the Monarch Madness 5K next weekend. I did the Project Life 5K last weekend. I signed up for the Memorial half marathon next year as well. :-P I've been semi-busy.

:ooh2:Dang dude!! You okay?? Sore much?? Sheesh ... I'm glad you are okay! OK, you get a pass for not posting!! :rotflmao:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bike was hurt more than anything. Mild pain in my back and left palm but it's getting better.

Well, that's good!! Bike parts can be rounded up; body parts not so much. I know the one time I laid mine over I had a pretty sharp pain in my right hip for quite a while. Stretches helped a lot. Other than that I escaped unscathed. My bike not so much. It took my old boyfriend nearly 3 months to get it rideable again. By then I had moved up here and was too busy working to ride much. He sold it after he got it running again. The old man thinks I've lost my mind but as soon as the neurosurgeon releases me I'm off to "the motorcycle store" as my kids used to call it to get me an Indian. I think I'm gonna see if I can see the 48 contiguous states on a bike before I move into the old folks' home ... :anyone:

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still here!
I'm slightly over 1,900 miles for the year after this morning (10.5, easy).
My neck and hips have been messed up since Friday. Chiro straighten me out this morning (mostly), and things are feeling much better now.

I'm seriously wanting to run one mile for every year I've been on this planet after my birthday next month. Who knows if I'll actually get to do it, though.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Buddhaman @Commander Keen @FOG @Biggsly where you guys be?? :wave:

I'm still plugging along ... I finally broke down and got some scales. Curiosity got the better of me ... :blush:I'm about to break into the 150s, weight wise. The cardio 5 days a week feels good to me now, and doesn't feel taxing, if that makes sense, so I think I'm gonna add 15 minutes a day and bump up the intensity on the bike a notch. Weights 3 times a week still makes me insanely sore, but I still can't hold my Glock up and shoot without stovepiping on a fairly regular basis, and feels heavy if I shoot very much, so I'm positive the malfunctions are from weakness in my shoulders and upper back. All I know to do is stick with it. I'm not a spring chicken anymore, and I didn't get this weak overnight, but I can see and feel positive movement so I'm good.

I bought a pint of vanilla ice cream tonight just because it's my favorite and it looked good at the store. Tasted like ****. Good thing the dogs like ice cream. Lol I would have never believed it could happen but apparently I have completely lost my taste for processed foods. The old man bought some potato chips. I got a handful. Spit out what was in my mouth and fed the rest of my handful to the dogs ... they were so happy. Lol I can remember when I would snack all day long and not feel full. Now I NEVER snack and feel fine. Better than I did before even.

Anybody who thinks they can't do it needs to rethink it. You can. It won't be easy. You will have days when you are absolutely miserable and wonder why you bother. But once you are over that hump you will regret that you didn't start sooner.
Work has been crazy. I have been getting up around 4am and going to the gym about twice a week and then going on Saturday and Sunday. I have been spending some time on the stair mill after each workout. We are going hiking again in a few weeks. I figured I would start getting my legs ready for the mountains. lol

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked out tonight. 2 miles on the treadmill at 4.3 pace. Cool down pace until HR under 90. Seated press alternating with leg lifts, max out reps 3 sets each. Crunches alternated with curls max out 3 sets each. one minute rest between pairs. 2 minutes between groups.
Fifty five minutes max 3 days a week. Tue and Thursday.....no planned workout unless it's bad weather, then it's just light weights with fast reps and 1 1/2 mile at 4.1 pace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom