Flag disposal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just do it yourself.

A few years ago, my flag was worn and tattered as well, and I was talking to a patriot I knew. He said as long as you have a "semi-ceremony" with witnesses (his exact words) and have the flag folded properly and consumed by fire, you're golden.

We invited a few friends and family, cooked some burgers and dogs on the grill, had homemade ice cream and about dusk, built a fire. We all gathrred around, each one of us took turns talking about what the flag and feedom meant to us. Then, we folded the flag properly, talked about what each of the 13 folds stood for, had a word of prayer, said the pledge of allegiance and sang America The Beautiful as Old Glory was consumed by the flames.

It was a very wonderful, beautiful and somber event. Lots of tissues accompanied the flag in the fire.

:patriot:

https://www.military.com/flag-day/meaning-behind-13-flag-folds.html
Just got cloudy in here...

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I burn mine respectfully. I couldn’t imagine throwing it in the trash. I have seen a picture of a trash can at our senate building (Washington) with a flag that had been flown over the build.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The troop retired 1700+ flags today, the wind was too strong for the fire last night.
1CC42729-FB06-4D04-8E82-D052DFBDDE37.jpeg
18354C24-A941-4EFB-86D7-EAFC386B16CA.jpeg
6E5A918C-D77C-4C28-BCCD-79DAE1F2AC5B.jpeg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're having a little shindig for my grandsons birthday this evening (he turned 12) and my flags are looking kinda rough. So I'm hoping the wind will die down enough for a bonfire and a flag retirement. A bunch of his friends are gonna be here, so what an awesome opportunity to shed a little patriotism on the younger generation. :patriot:

Latest posts

Top Bottom