Flag / respect question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a crazy idea and need some opinions.

I’ve got a 16’ tilt trailer I mostly use for my scissor lift. I think it would be kinda cool to paint the entire deck as an American flag. Would that be disrespectful? I would have to stand on it obviously to use it and it would have equipment on it from time to time. How would you feel seeing it going down the road painted that way?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess it's really up to the individual, but while it would be patriotic, it wouldn't be a flag... err go, I don't think it would be disrespectful. I try to keep in mind how many flag t-shirts and mankini's get soiled and tossed in the laundry pile on the bedroom floor or how many red white and blue pairs of boots are walking among the dung in the field. They aren't flags, but show ones patriotism.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Every one of those begins with "The flag" or "No part of the Flag". I don't see where it mentions surfaces that are appropriate to paint a flag on. I do see mention of "The Flag should not be carried flat or horizontally".....such as during those pregame salutes with a football field sized Flag lol oops.

That said, I would never own one of these.

Screenshot_20210530-084843_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go with your gut....if it feels ok then do it and if it does not feel ok then give up the idea....every man has to decide for himself what is right or wrong in the big picture of patriotism. As for me I would not do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom