Flag / respect question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be desecration to put a full sized flag on the floor of your trailer and park stuff on it, but not if you paint the image of the flag on the trailer. Using the image of our flag is fine (yes, even in ways that boil a patriot's blood), its when you use an actual flag that it becomes an issue, at least in our state. Kommiefornia would probably let you live tax free for using an actual flag, here it might get you an extended stay in the red cross hotel.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not long after Baghdad fell, I went into an elementary school-turned hidden arms-ammo cache to scope out a place for some equipment. The Iraqis had painted our flag on the floor at the main entrance and made the kids wipe their feet on it when they entered.

I don’t think I’d ever paint or place the flag, or it’s image, on something meant to be trodden on.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a crazy idea and need some opinions.

I’ve got a 16’ tilt trailer I mostly use for my scissor lift. I think it would be kinda cool to paint the entire deck as an American flag. Would that be disrespectful? I would have to stand on it obviously to use it and it would have equipment on it from time to time. How would you feel seeing it going down the road painted that way?

If you question yourself about whether something is the right thing to do, it's probably not, or you wouldn't be questioning it.

I wouldn't do it, and I'd frown on anyone who did. To me, it is disrespectful, regardless of your intentions.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not long after Baghdad fell, I went into an elementary school-turned hidden arms-ammo cache to scope out a place for some equipment. The Iraqis had painted our flag on the floor at the main entrance and made the kids wipe their feet on it when they entered.

I don’t think I’d ever paint or place the flag, or it’s image, on something meant to be trodden on.
That is because as you know the soles of the feet being shown to anyone by a Middle Eastern is a grave insult. You remember the little kid hitting Saddam's statue with his shoe after we helped take it down?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies

It was rather late when this thought came to me. Upon further consideration I'm going to probably do something different. My current thinking is that something like this needs to be done and maintained really well. I feel fine about it being there but only if I could keep it looking clean and crisp. Same as some of the t shirts I have owned with flags on them (like the ones old navy would do on 4th of july). Once they start to look in poor shape I'll retire them. I'm not sure I can do that for a mural painted on the floor of this trailer.

I'll come up with something...... I'm not giving up on the idea totally just yet

Latest posts

Top Bottom