Flamboyant finishes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which finish(es) do you like?

• Just the Barrel

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • The whole Slide

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Neither!!

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a bit disheartened by some of the replies here. I get that everyone likes their own style, but some people like to customize a bit and like a little bit of color or distinction in their guns. Like calling it gay or "imbecilic". I don't know, I just don't think it's that big of a deal, and certainly not worth being insultingly derisive or hateful about. Disappointing attitude, to me. I've color-filled some rollmarks, built a pink AR for myself, and even had one Shield Cerakoted in pink and Hello Kitty hydrodipped for a lady friend who was special at the time. I think it came out pretty nice, though it's not something I'd personally want as my BBQ rig.

But oh well... I'll continue to do things as I see fit, not worrying about what some traditionalist considers appropriate.

Carry on.

<edit> And I will tell ya, that personalized Shield made one hell of an impression and earned way more than the cost and trouble it took to obtain in gratitude in the long run! :hey3:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a bit disheartened by some of the replies here. I get that everyone likes their own style, but some people like to customize a bit and like a little bit of color or distinction in their guns. Like calling it gay or "imbecilic". I don't know, I just don't think it's that big of a deal, and certainly not worth being insultingly derisive or hateful about. Disappointing attitude, to me. I've color-filled some rollmarks, built a pink AR for myself, and even had one Shield Cerakoted in pink and Hello Kitty hydrodipped for a lady friend who was special at the time. I think it came out pretty nice, though it's not something I'd personally want as my BBQ rig.

But oh well... I'll continue to do things as I see fit, not worrying about what some traditionalist considers appropriate.

Carry on.

<edit> And I will tell ya, that personalized Shield made one hell of an impression and earned way more than the cost and trouble it took to obtain in gratitude in the long run! :hey3:
It's been a good thread for figuring out those who aren't secure in their manhood! Lol

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Carry on.

Note to self: tR is a bit uptight and sarcasm is completely ineffectual.

Noted tR! :comfort:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Note to self: tR is a bit uptight and sarcasm is completely ineffectual.

Noted tR! :comfort:

I dunno, man, sure seemed pretty hardcore, judgmental and serious to me. If that's the case, then I'll take you at your word that you were truly being sarcastic. You can think whatever you like of me, I'm an ******* to the nth degree, but it's a product of lots of years of lots of things. I'll live with it, until I don't anymore. The intarwebs is hard to judge sarcasm and tone on. Sorry if I offended you by being disappointed.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So.... Not my cup of tea (I am afraid I would ruin them), but they both have the look of a competition pistol. Seen many a purty gun on the firing line. My new Son in Law is a Deputy Sheriff in Tennessee and his off duty carry is a G43 with a rainbow type barrel (supporting his lesbian sister with breast cancer, a cop also.) So there ya have it..... Purty for some and just plain too much for others. Good looking work either way!!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
So after some thought - and reading TRs post - I'm going to back track a bit.

I've long held the position for old guns and milsurps that if you want it to look shiny and new, to refinish it. It's your gun, who cares what the collectors say.

So, saying that the distressed finish is "poser" or whatever is the same thing in the reverse direction. I realized my F-i-L did the same basic thing, but to an old Winchester 94. He couldn't afford an actual old one, and he did the living history stuff, so he bought a cheap one, and took some steel wool or something to it to make it look worn. I thought it was cool.

I like the the look of the distressed, and after some thought, I'll never be the person to actually wear an AR-15 to look like that. So if I like the look, I can pay for it, or hit it with a grinder wheel.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This really isn't that serious boys. People give opinions on firearms all the time. I guarantee you if I post a Wilson 1911, someone will get all turnt and talk about how their cheap glock is just as good.... same thing if someone posts a $3000 AR..... and so on. We are looking at $2000 Glock and if I think it looks retarded, gay, etc then I'll say so.... but I'd still shoot it.... they probably shoot really nice.... it has to be a major improvement over stock lol. :D

Also... keep in mind there are worse things to do to a Glock....speaking of gaaaaaay!

THE-46TH-LLC-H-128-Hunter-Orange-and-H-146-Graphite-Black-54257-full.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno, man, sure seemed pretty hardcore, judgmental and serious to me. If that's the case, then I'll take you at your word that you were truly being sarcastic. You can think whatever you like of me, I'm an ******* to the nth degree, but it's a product of lots of years of lots of things. I'll live with it, until I don't anymore. The intarwebs is hard to judge sarcasm and tone on. Sorry if I offended you by being disappointed.

I understand completely because so am I! My wife will explain it to you in the clearest possible terms too how I am. And no offense taken here, it be the internet like you say. I was just yanking your chain for that post. I realize that not everyone can have custom cars, bikes, etc. that is pretty regular and accepted to cutomize. Some only have guns for a hobby so that's what they customize. I could care less what it looks like because it's not mine. Hell I even shoot my wife's purple Glock in GSSF matches. I'd have to think long and hard about being seen shooting that wrong colored abomination that JD8 just posted tho...

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm sure the OP already had his mind set on what he was going to do before making the post asking opinions. He was just looking for everyone to agree with him.

Just like the wife when she asks which shoes look better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom