1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Flashlight EDC

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by adamsredlines, Jan 16, 2018.

1. adamsredlines

adamsredlines Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    How do you carry a light? I find myself carrying one more and more, and using it quite often.
    Toss it in your pocket...use a pocket clip, a holster?

Currently just tossing mine into my pocket but found a spiffy clip on eBay that looks pretty handy. I dont always wear belts so thats a good "every day" solution, but it would be nice to free up space in my pocket for all the other crap I EDC.

2. Cavedweller

Cavedweller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Fenix makes some nice small EDC lights, a co worker has one that isn’t any bigger than a basic folding knife and it’s puts out some candlepower.

3. Ignored Member

Ignored Member Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Streamlight microstream is tits.

sleeperx4 likes this.
  4. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Muzzle flash is all I need for illumination.

bigred1 and raeken45 like this.
  5. sleeperx4

sleeperx4 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Microstream! Not the brightest but bright enough for most tasks. Very small and inexpensive.

6. Glock 'em down

Glock 'em down Sharpshooter

Rating
    96.6%
    I echo the Microstream comments.

I was a devout Surefire guy for years, and they still offer an awesome product with incredible customer service. But it seems like everytime they come out with something new, Streamlight will out shine them by more features and/or more lumens.

My favorite EDC light is the Streamlight PT 1L-1AA. It's small, compact, has an awesome pocket clip, Ten-Tap Technology and it packs a brilliant 300 lumens on high. The best part is, it runs on a single CR123 batt OR a single AA without the need for a battery sleeve.

I can't really explain how it works other than just saying it's bottlenecked on the inside. I also carry two spare CR123 batts in a small plastic box in my pocket and yes, I tote my Microstream for a backup or for when I need just a small amount of light, because I have the PT programmed to the high only setting.

7. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I got a small Fenix light from GED in a trade a few years ago. Don’t know why he turned it loose. It’s a great little light. Uses a single 123 battery and two light settings.

I also have an Olight that uses a 123 battery with two power settings and produces 500 lumens. VERY bright.

My biggest problem with Fenix or Olight (I have other models of those) is warranty repair. My other Fenix light quit and warranty services took four months to repair and return.

My Olight was dropped and every contact number and email on every website lead nowhere. I was finally able to contact Olight through Facebook for warranty return and had to send it to China for repairs. They didn’t return the original light. It was a newer model that I suspect was someone else’s warranty return because there was no box and papers with it. Just the light in a tough plastic mailing envelope. Two months for that one to be returned.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  8. adamsredlines

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'll have to test out how well muzzle flash works while looking inside an airplane at work. ;)

dennishoddy likes this.
  9. adamsredlines

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well I have a G2X pro and just got a 6PX in the mail yesterday. One will finally be mounted on my blackout and one will remain "handy" for other use. I may look into something like that Microstream for pocket use...seems like that would be a handy size and power.

10. n423

n423 Sharpshooter

I'm getting a Microstream!! Have a S&W