1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Flashlight EDC

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by adamsredlines, Jan 16, 2018.

1. El Pablo

El Pablo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I just carry one of a hundred different flashlights in my laptop bag, like a Fenix PD35. If not carrying my laptop bag. I carry an Olight i5T (EOS) or about any other single AA light) or a single CR123 light.

I highly recommend not getting an Olight S1R II. They like to stop charging.

2. rockchalk06

rockchalk06 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It's Horse Hide in their light brown. Horse Hide has this type of pattern when stained with lighter leather.

3. Glock 'em down

Glock 'em down Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    98.1%
    I reckon the only horse hide holsters I ever owned were rough out pocket holsters.

4. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Started out in 1985 with a Surefire 9P It was the rechargeable battery one with the battery sticks. It worked well if I remembered every day to recharge it. After some time the batteries crapped and wouldn't take a charge. I converted it to the 6P with the shorter barrel. I've been feeding it CR123A's for over 30 years. I have also cringed every time I dropped it because the $20 bulb. I'll bet I replaced that lamp over 80 times. Recently I bought a Fenix UC35 and retired the Surefire. I Lost the Fenix at Louie's on NW Hwy. and went back to the Surefire and converted it to LED.

5. Garrett

Garrett Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I carry a Olight Raider, it has a pocket clip...

6. Glock 'em down

Supporter
    Rating
    98.1%
    Dude. You really should retire that old 9P/6P. It will make a good conversation piece. Pick up a Surefire G2X Tactical. It's a million times brighter than it, even with a Surefire or Malkoff P60 type Xenon or LED lamp. 600 lumens with the perfect combo of tint, spill and throw and it's only around 60 bucks. If you need a pocket clip, Amazon sells one by Solarforce. Stainless steel, mounts onto the barrel just under the tailcap, holds it very securely in your pocket. Best lights ever.

7. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    surefire 9P.jpg surefire 6P.jpg

It has been through many scuffles with me as you can tell by the scratches. I liked the Fenix 35 because it was rechargeable but, alas.

8. Glock 'em down

Supporter
    Rating
    98.1%
    Rechargeable is not always the best option. I used to carry rechargeable all the time until I went on a manhunt one night. I got about 100 yards from my car and my light went dead. So I had to make my way back to my car in the dark and and go home.

Now, I carry my G2X and a spare pair of batteries in a plastic box in my pocket, so I always have light.

9. rawhide

rawhide Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've carried a pocket light everyday for over 12 years. First was a Fenix pd20 I think. Lost it bought a pd25, then found the one I lost. My wife now carries it in her purse. One the best things I've discovered is the rechargeable CR123 batteries.

10. El Pablo

El Pablo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    solarforce went out of biz in 2019. I had a lot of their bodies. For 20 bucks I’d have a killer flashlight with a rechargeable battery. I have them in every car. I also carry cr123s to throw in too. My 18650 rechargeable just last longer.

try the fenix pd35, it’s 1000 lumens.
    Many flashlights out there better than surefires and cheaper.

What happened to the 35? Never mind, see it now.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021