Flashlights on guns in general and in home defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
" Potential legalities is why I chose NOT to install a laser on my HDW. In having to shoot an intruder to my home, I envisioned a prosecuting attorney presenting the 'fact' to a jury that my installation of a laser was to ensure that I would not miss my human target, thus setting up (premeditated) the guarantee of a perfect kill shot. I know that this is BS, but the lawyers' role is to turn BS into 'fact'. "

I wasn't pointing to any actual occurrence of this happening, that is why I put " I envisioned . . . " in by comment. Being that our justice system has, in many ways, gotten really weird lately (lately? 🙄), I wouldn't discount the possibility of 'setting precedent' with some prosecution type blood-sucker demonizing lasers or even weapon lights. God knows, the anti2A crowd have demonized everything else!
done right and there will not be a witness to testify

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only have a light on my shortest AR as a back up and the switch is placed in a place where I would have to deliberately press it for it to turn on. My pistols don’t have lights or lasers mounted on them mostly because I don’t want that added weight and I have a flash light on my night stand. If you want a light, go for it. Everyone is different and there’s no right or wrong, whatever works for you. Heck, if you want your weapon to be loaded out like Batman’s belt, do it.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My HD gun is a rifle with a light, why the light?

2 reasons

Gun safety Rule 4: Know your target (and what's beyond it).

Karate Kid part III Rule 3: If a man can not see he can not fight.
But he can see YOU!
But he can see You because he can see the LIGHT!

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But he can see YOU!
But he can see You because he can see the LIGHT!
High lumen light to the eyes in the dark = temporary blindness.

Police work 101, when approaching a suspect at night immediately shine your.flashlight in his eyes. He can now not see. One of the reasons the cops do this when you get pulled over, the other is to check pupil response for possible intoxication.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Police work 101, when approaching a suspect at night immediately shine your.flashlight in his eyes. He can now not see. One of the reasons the cops do this when you get pulled over, the other is to check pupil response for possible intoxication.
How can you see him and his eyes in the dark????

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sorry easier said than done! Been there done that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom